Tuesday 22 May 2012

Pre-medical panic.

So I'm sitting here in a darling little coffee shop enjoying smaller town hospitality (loving THAT) and an especially good cappuccino in the tiniest little shopping centre that has the right to call itself a shopping centre, wasting time before my work-appointed medical.

I'm way early, still being on Brisbane time, allowing half hour to get there plus 15 mins for parking/getting lost/traffic etc.

So as it took 5 mins to get here I'm about 40 minutes early. Might have to work on my small-town timing.

I know medical checks are pretty standard these days but it's my 'first' and I can't help being worried. What if my intermittent sinus issues preclude me from being suitable for the job? What if they deign that I'm not fit enough to sit at a desk and walk to the photocopier? Or that my caffeine addiction is out of control (it is)? I've just relocated my whole life for this so imagine if it was all to find out I've failed the medical? I mean, the police gave me the all-clear, as surprising to me as I'm sure it is to you. But if the doc says no...then what?

So I'm caffeinating myself, cause that always helps. Really. And I've decided to reward myself by going shopping to spend my farewell shopping voucher, hopefully on something nice for my first day of the new job (medical signoff pending).

So on a completely different topic I just walked past the most gorgeous little shop called Danielle's and I want to LIVE there. Unfortunately it wasn't open so I will have to go back and explore. I think it will rapidly become my new favorite shop, like, in the world if the inside has as much promise as the window.

So it's time...wish me luck!

xx

No comments: