Thursday 3 May 2012

Happiness. Scarlett O'Hara. Nana love! Day 14

Maybe I've gotten over my grump hump but this week hasn't sucked. I say this despite not feeling 100%, and whilst slightly overwhelmed with details that I REALLY should start sorting out but right now I've redeveloped my girl crush on Scarlett O'Hara and her awesome 'I'll think about it tomorrow' philosophy.

So ok all it got her in the end was sad and alone but lets face it, she was kind of a bitch who stole her sisters husband, just for starters, and I'm sure that had more to do with it than her downfall than her well-honed procrastinating.

And whilst on the subject, did you know there are Scarlett Barbies? Want!!!

So it's gratitude time and I warn you in advance, it's been pretty quiet and uneventful today so try not to be too disgusted with my efforts.

Gratitudes:
  • So in a completely random turn of events, my bus actually turned up, and on time. Both of them. Laugh if you will but any Brisbane commuter thoroughly understands that even on a good day it's a crapshoot.
  • I said this yesterday that the days were flying and I must say it was a lovely surprise to wake up and think it was Wednesday. Frankly it's usually Tuesday thinking its Friday or something equally depressing. So I'm thankful for that.
  • I spoke to my grandmother last night and told her my news. She was so happy for me and we had the most awesome chat. Having lost my mum in my teens, I've always lamented that I never knew her as a person, only a mum, and maybe that's why I'm so close to her mum instead. Or maybe it's because my nana is the most loving, generous and kindhearted person I've ever met and just an all-around cool chick. Life hasn't been kind to her yet she's still a positive and beautiful spirit and I love her enormously.

Journal:

 So it was a lie to say I haven't done anything for the Toowoomba project. I actually bit the bullet and applied for a house today, sight-unseen. This could either be a move of considerable genius or lunacy but as Ms Positivity I'm gonna believe its the house of my dreams. At least its a reasonably cheap mistake as it was much less than I expected. Sometimes you just have to follow your gut and surely with the size of mine, there must be some wisdom in there? So it's the cutest little house with an awesome kitchen, deck, huge car shed and most importantly, heating. I think it even has a fireplace which I've never had before so if you hear of some moron who effed a housefire up Toowoomba way this winter please pray that it wasn't me.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes for me to get it!

Random act of kindness:
It was my stepsister's birthday yesterday and for the occasion I graciously let her win Words With Friends. She'll say she flogs me at least several times a week but that's just my strategy. God I'm awesome.

So back to Scarlett, she was the original Katniss, a true kick-ass survivor chick. I haven't watched Gone With The Wind in far too long but think it's gonna have to come out before I head mountain-wards. And in true Scarlett spirit, tomorrow is another day!

xx


2 comments:

willow said...

Must have details re house immediately !!!

Unknown said...

Here's the link to the property -

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-harristown-402632752

It's seriously cute, not overly big but I think it's perfect for E and I.