Monday 7 May 2012

Happiness. Pasta. Bubbles and Boxes. Day 18

Just a couple of days left of my challenge and I'm determined to finish it on a high note! I've been thinking in the last few days about the lessons I've learned and how although the challenge may be winding down, the trick is to keep looking for positives and making sure I don't backslide into any negative thinking.

Moving to a new town will definitely help with this as there will be so many new things to discover and all of the fun things that go along with exploring a new environment and finding where we fit in.

Onwards and upwards, huh?

Gratitudes:
  • So happy to see my dad today and spend a lovely few hours with him. We had an amazing Italian dinner which was so yummy but I'm now so full I think I'm about to explode! E had basically an upscale version of mac and cheese, followed by cookies & cream gelati which looked really awesome. Nice to also see that The Voice transcends all age barriers as dad had to rush back to their hotel and us to our apartment to make sure we didn't miss a moment. They're only in town briefly so that my stepmother can have a few tests so this is likely the last time we'll see dad whilst residents of Brisbane (another 'last'!)
  • Dad also brought me so many boxes for my move that I think I'm now more than sorted! So grateful for these, boxes cost upwards of $5 each these days so it is a huge saving. Now I'll be able to get started on packing up my place. Reality sinking in!
  • So grateful for the long weekend and nanna naps. I lay down to read this afternoon and the next thing I know it was an hour later. Felt so good to have a little snooze during the day, it really is a luxury when you're a mum!

Journal:
Not a great deal to report today apart from seeing dad this afternoon. We had a long, lovely lazy day broken up only by a quick trip to the bakery for some provisions. As the shops were all shut for the public holiday (closing on Labour Day...oxymoron???) I actually had to take the car out but I guess I'm just getting into practice for my move to Toowoomba. Cannot imagine my new place will be less than a 2 minute walk to the shopping centre so I'll have to get used to it!

Was just thinking that there are going to be so many changes to our lifestyle that it's ridiculous. Right now we throw our rubbish down a chute, we'll have to get used to remembering 'bin night' once again! We also have an automatic swipe door on our building so having to use keys will be kind of weird!

But the pluses definitely outweigh any negatives so it's all good.

It was also fun to watch E have his first soft drink tonight in more than a decade. When he was little he was handed a cup of what he thought was red cordial but was actually soda, took a huge gulp through a straw and promptly went red and started spewing bubbles everywhere. The look on the poor little guy's face was priceless and I couldn't help laughing. Since then he's refused to try any sort of drink with bubbles, which has been perfectly OK with me. But he announced the other day that he'd like to try lemonade as he likes lemonade ice blocks. So he had a couple of sips and decided that whilst he didn't hate it exactly, he's still not a fan of the bubbles!

So all in all, it's been a fantastic weekend. So happy right now!


Random Act of Kindness:
I picked E up his favourite meat pie for lunch from the bakery down the road. It's so lovely to have a child who gets excited over something so little.

Meditation:
I was so tired last night but actually made it all the way through and immediately had one of the best night's sleeps I've had in ages! Success!

So hoping you all had a fantastic weekend! We're off now to watch The Voice, hooray!

xx

No comments: