Monday 14 May 2012

Click on caterpillar.

Yes that's what I said to my colleague today when showing her something.

No I have no idea why I said it, or what I actually meant to say.

Crazy tired today! Last night was the first night in ages that I've had trouble sleeping...I was soooo tired but the brain simply wouldn't switch off, I'd be nearly asleep and then remember I hadn't packed the filing cabinets contents, or that I needed to remember to bring home my box of shoes from work. And, oh yeah, don't forget to organise cleaners. You know, just the usual life changing stuff really.

I wrote on Facebook last night that this time next Monday I'd be sleeping in my new house in my new town, and I think I freaked myself out! I also got an email from my new work people with all the instructions for my first day and offering to show me around Toowoomba and help me to settle in.

OMG it's real! It'd happening! Pause! Pause!

And when I eventually did get to sleep, I woke up continuously so felt rather sub-par this morning. And it was the coldest morning we've had since September apparently, although I wish someone had had the consideration to let me know this BEFORE I left the house.

At least it woke me up...slightly.

So I've been freezing and I'm suffering extreme brain fog, culminating in the infamous 'click on caterpillar' that came out of my mouth earlier. Hey it was my random act of kindness, I made her day, if laughing until there were tears in her eyes counts (which was a gross overreaction btw).

Now I'm homeward bound, which although self-mandated, I believe is in the best interests of, well, everyone everywhere. My foggy brain is simply an accident waiting to happen. Removing myself from the general populous is a public service really.

Another act of selfless kindness on my part. Hey I'm the giving type.

So I'm really nowhere near where I want to be but have decided, for today at least, that my care-factor is zero. I'm starting to get sick and cranky and NO-ONE needs to see that.

I'm going to go home, give E a cuddle, bypass box city, turn on the TV and tune out.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you top my 'caterpillar' moment? Is it possible?

xx


No comments: