Thursday 17 May 2012

Last day at work. The prequel.

Ok I'm on the bus headed for my last working day in Brisbane.

Incidentally, is it a good or a bad omen that I only have enough on my go-card to get TO work and not home again?

Bringing back my work appointed laptop bag feels weird. I swapped it straightaway for a backpack but have to hand the work one back today. Carrying it over one shoulder instead of two just makes the day really different.

So on the agenda today:

Clean desk
Pack all my crap
Clean up my laptop and hand it in
Attend my farewell morning tea (assume it would be bad form to skip it)
Complete a million checklists and forms to satisfy the company that I've been 'exited' properly
Write a heartfelt farewell letter to my team designed to make them cry and miss me before I even leave

It feels completely surreal.

So wish me luck!

By the way 50s housewife Friday courtesy of fellow blogger Cathy is postponed for this week due to a medical procedure she needs. So our thoughts go out to her today...I'm sure she'd rather be baking!

xx


2 comments:

Willow said...

Have a fantastic last day, just remember a better life is waiting up here for you both ! I am busy Saturday but will try and pop around Sunday to see if you need a hand xo

Unknown said...

Not up there till Monday but so looking forward to hanging with you! Will be appreciating help and/or company, in fact just company will do!