Thursday 31 May 2012

No Internet.
No Internet.
No Internet.

Now we have to have the Optus tech visit the house and they can't come until Tuesday, which requires an adult to be present! Gah! And of course they give you the timeframe of 8am to 12pm so does that mean an entire morning off my new job? Getting massively frustrated but feeling like a broken record so moving on...

So the weather gets a tiny bit colder every day and it's starting to bite! Wandering outside in our office gardens today was, shall we say 'bracing' and if I put more pawpaw ointment on my lips to stop them drying out, I'm gonna start buying stock in the company!

Last week we put on our little heater to watch TV whereas this week it's the heater plus a woolly blanket. I'm dreading what next week (and the weeks thereafter) might bring! Hopefully once we buy the proper winter accoutrements we'll cope much better. Lucky for me my doona is toasty warm and once I'm under I'm can almost get too hot!

Counting down till the weekend now. I've had a great few days assimilating into my new job which if it starts as it means to go on will be fantastic. A challenge for sure, but that's pretty much what I wanted so I cannot complain!

I'm getting progressively more brain dead though so very much anticipating the weekend and a bit of me time. Although it may take some time to fill the fridge and cupboards as we've pretty much cleaned us out!

So today my gorgeous boy packed my lunch for me and wouldn't let me look until I got to work. Of course I had to look and I got:

1 Vegemite sandwich
1 peanut butter sandwich
1 rice bubble bar
3 marshmallows in a ziplock bag

The pinnacle of the ultimate 11 year old boy lunch! Have to say it was pretty damn good though, although I didn't eat the rice bubble bar and may save that for another day.

He also just made me a yummy hot chocolate.

God love him!

Right now my heart is full to bursting with love and pride for this amazing little dude. He's strong, resilient, adaptable and so, so cool. Without getting too sentimental, I couldn't have wished for a more awesome kid EVER.

On that note I'm now going to go and stamp my feet a little in anticipation of yet another Internet-free weekend! At least I might be forced to pull my finger out and actually finish of the organizing of my place, although given the choice who wouldn't rather catch up on Gossip Girl??!!

xx

No comments: