Friday 4 May 2012

Happiness. Meatheads. Brick Cottages and Free Chocolate Fridays. Day 15

So did anyone watch Celebrity Apprentice last night? I was both amused and appalled by Jason Akermanis who quite simply proved to me why I have such an aversion to football. The reputation of the hot-headed sore-losered meathead is alive and well, on and off the field. He went on interviews today apologising for the swearing but refusing to accept that losing so disgracefully was at all bad form, putting it down to his 'passion'. I prefer to call it asshattery.

Perhaps you can get away with that sort of behaviour in the locker room, but the Boardroom requires a little more dignity and professionalism. Go back to thugby, Aker.

So onto the gratitudes!

Gratitudes:
  • One of my colleagues deemed today to be 'Free Chocolate Friday' at his desk. Needless to say his popularity increased exponentially and he is now mine and pretty much everyone else's favourite person in the world. Whether he bows to pressure to make this a regular Friday occurrence remains to be seen, but thanks buddy!
  • For some reason the real estate processing my rental application decided to call my dad and my stepsister for references. Huge gratitudes to them for lying through their asses and telling them what an awesome, brilliant housekeeper I am. Owe you big time xx
  • My boss sent an email to our team formally announcing my departure today. He said absolutely the nicest things about me and it really was the perfect ending to my work week. "Dedicated and superb service" were just some of the niceties in the email...I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy, and of course superb and brilliant.

Journal:
 So today has been quite an an exciting day. I finally DID think about it tomorrow (ie. today) and started to write my lists and tick things off. In typical Virgo style, I can't do these things half-assed and have created my notebook entitled 'The Toowoomba Project'.

So lame right?

So my notebook contains lists of all the things I need to do which I can then tick off as I do them. I've even created separate sections like "New House", "Old House", "New Job", "Old Job" and "General".  So OK I did spend far more time creating my notebook than I did actually DOING any of it but I was happy to accomplish a few things today, ie. contact a moving broker, get quotes for cleaning, officially give notice at my apartment. Baby steps.

Things are starting to come together, I think I've filled out more forms and applications and emailed and faxed more documents than I ever have before but I'm trying to work through it. Will be so much more focused when I have a forwarding address - and hopefully THE address of the gorgeous little brick cottage I applied for yesterday. Eli is over the moon about the basketball hoop over the garage, and I must admit I think I dreamed of sitting on front of the fireplace last night.

So now it's the long weekend and I've celebrated by watching the latest episode of The Secret Circle and am halfway through The Vampire Diaries. I have said before that my television viewing habits mimic those of a 15 year old girl, and I'm totally unapologetic about it. I proudly own the entire series of Buffy on DVD and tune in every Tuesday to stream Gossip Girl and Revenge online. Mock if you must. I'm used to it.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to getting E and myself some long overdue haircuts, I need a couple of inches off and would love to finally get rid of these awful dead ends. Cannot wait to settle into my new job and start visiting my hairdresser on a more regular basis.

Random act of kindness:
You know what, this sounds bad but I really can't think of anything specific today. I think I was generally an all-around, good natured person to be around today, I was in a great mood and nothing really pissed me off. Is that considered my gift to the world? Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm not as focused on ticking off the boxes on this challenge as I was in the first 2 weeks. I was getting really bored of the challenge and starting to find it tiresome. But now being positive does seem to be a bit more firmly entrenched in this tired little brain. My usual MO is to whinge and bitch but then immediately try to find a solution or an upside, so I'm not exactly negative, but not wholeheartedly positive either. This exercise I think has been an excellent thing to do, if only as a reminder that even when your day bites the big one that overall life really doesn't suck.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone!

xx


My Toowoomba Project Notebook!

This is what I see when my son rings my Iphone...


No comments: