Wednesday 16 May 2012

Happy hump day!

Happy hump day! So I just re-read my post from yesterday and what a wonderfully charming, happy, completely sane human being I was...I'm sure my popularity was at an all-time high.

The less I say about my worsening mood after I got home, the better. Needless to say my decision to isolate myself from the world in general was an excellent judgement call.

You'll hopefully be as pleased as I am to know whilst brain fog is still persistently present, crankiness has dissipated somewhat, despite a very busy and stressful day culminating in being co-opted last minute for a project with a completely reasonable deadline of oh...less than an hour.

Everyone got a smile and a 'no problem' and I'm sure no-one even noticed that I (very pleasantly) invited the printer to step outside where we could 'discuss' his attitude and lack of ANY sense of urgency in a gentlemanly fashion.

Moving on...

So I can't stop reading about those poor kids whose father now has a legal right to remove them from the country and take them to Italy against their will, DESPITE officials assisting the mother escape with them in the first place. And despite allegations of abuse and the girls writing heartbreaking letters to him saying they're afraid of him and want to stay with their mother.

The Hague Convention is crucial in helping so many families overcome spousal kidnappings, however surely judgement should be exercised on a case-by-case basis? To unilaterally return these poor kids to a possible environment of neglect or abuse because their mother removed them from the same dangerous situation in the first place doesn't bear thinking about. Yes the father has rights but they are taking away the children's rights in front of our eyes.

Here's hoping common sense will prevail in this situation which has really gripped my heart.

Whew!

So on a much deeper note, I ask you, Joel Madden: drunk or not drunk on Monday's The Voice?

Personally I didn't notice and think he's so hyper and 'on' all the time that it'd be impossible to tell. I do have to thank him for his comment on getting laid which segued into a VERY interesting conversation with my prepubescent son! Awesome.

So I'm headed home and determined to get stuck into some packing followed by the finale of Celebrity Apprentice and a sneak peek at the HIMYM season final (thanks news.com.au for already letting the cat out of the bag on who is the poor sucker lucky lady who marries Barney).

But let's face it, I'll start browsing on Amazonand forget entirely about the whole packing business. Don't get me started on my search for warm, flat boots that don't make me look like a lumberjack and don't cost me a week's wages.

And in my random brain-fogged segue of the day, I also just realised that celebrity has very similar spelling to cemetery. Weird.

E is at a 'last' playdate at his mates house this afternoon and won't be home until later. Poor kid is being a champion but you can see he's starting to visibly stress about leaving all his friends (sad face). Reality is definitely sinking in and both of us are freaking out! I'm glad he gets this time with his friend before we leave.

I know things will be fine when we get up there but the unknown at this moment in time is just terrifying!

So hope you're enjoying your hump day..what's the best or weirdest thing to happen to you today?

xx




No comments: