Thursday 13 September 2012

How many degrees of Kevin Bacon?

How exciting that Google has finally gotten on board with the age-old game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

For those who've been living in a cave, Six Degrees is based on the fact that pretty much any celeb can somehow be linked to Kevin Bacon through movies in six degrees or less and since then has pretty much entered the vernacular to mean anything that shows it's a small world or a weird coincidence.
Man gets around.

ie.

"It's all a bit six degrees of Kevin Bacon, isn't it?"

So now Google has jumped on board and you can type in 'Bacon Number' followed by your favourite celeb and it will show the links directly.

Hooray for pointless, entertaining technology.

So having abandoned more critical matters, I have spent a thoroughly entertaining 20 minutes typing in any celeb name I can think of.

My ultimate Bang guy? Christian Slater = 2

Daniel Craig? Also 2. Ditto Rita Hayworth, Lindsay Lohan, Chevy Chase, BILLY IDOL, Alexander Scarsgard, Blake Lively and even River Phoenix!

Even The Don and Obama rank as a 2.

In fact the largest number I could find goes to Keith Urban and John F Kennedy - ranked as a 3.

Man REALLY gets around.

Cathy - this one's for you - Steve Adler is a 2! Although Nikki Sixx a lowly 3.

I even typed in my own name and it didn't come up. Disappointment! Shame on you Mr Bacon.

So folks, now you really will NEVER be bored again!

How did I live before?

xx



2 comments:

Willow said...

And here is to wasting a shitload of my time , thanks Bec . Jean Harlow is a 3 , Jon Bon Jovi a 1 . How can anyone not be more than a 3? I am setting myself a challenge to find a 4 or more

Unknown said...

I know right? I'm looking up more and more obscure ones - Vivian Leigh (2), Charlie Chaplin (2) - still no luck! Let me know if you hit on the magic 4 or above. Man really, really gets around.