Sunday 23 September 2012

Fabulous weekends and Monday boredom.


So custom-ordered sunshiney days this weekend, followed by a rainy and sometimes downright scary stormy Monday! The organisers of the Carnival of Flowers must be so happy, not to mention relieved. It would totally suck to spend six months (and a zillion gardeners) gearing up for a special event to not only have it rained out but completely flattened by hail, rain and wind.

Yesterday all the best laid plans and all that...

Woke up crazy late (aaahhh just when I thought the days of the lovely lie-in were behind me) yesterday morning to a glorious, and quite hot, Sunday.

Summer dresses and thongs! Quite a contrast to the trackie/jacket combo I was sporting...ah...just last week???

My stepsister had announced the day before that she and the kids were driving through Toowoomba on their way to her parents place in Central Queensland and we arranged to meet up while she was here. She was due at 11am, however (as can often happen when you throw 2 kids, a dog and a rabbit in the mix), they didn't actually get on the road until about 11am so we didn't see them until nearly 1pm.
A lovely lunch at Jilly's later, we hit the shops for a bit of much-needed therapy (in advance of Sandy's long solo drive with 2 kids/dog/rabbit and a partridge in a pear tree) and by that stage the day was practically gone...

So we didn't end up making it to the Food, Wine and Flower Festival after all.

Oh well, the gardens are showing until the end of the month so we will make sure we check them out. I think I can smell them anyway - I sit in my backyard and can inhale the aroma of jasmine or some such intoxicating scent...yummy.

Speaking of backyards, is it time to mow the lawn when #1 son says 'mum, soon I'll be able to lay down in the grass and you won't be able to find me' ??????
So today has been a bit of let-down, hearing the rain thundering on the building roof, looking out onto the grey, stormy vista and occasionally having the shit scared out of me by some errand thunder that honestly seems so much louder in Toowoomba than it ever did in Brisbane???

Oh one highlight of the day - my new iphone cover. It's for work so I thought I should probably not lower the tone like I would for my personal one. So pretty though...

Speaking of iphones, what's your take on the new connector for the iphone 5???? Seems like a blatant cash grab to me, yeah?

Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday. Let me know what you did on the weekend! I'd love to know.

xx



No comments: