Sunday 9 September 2012

Fifty shades of wtf.

What a wonderful weekend of doing a bit fat pile of nothing!

A bit of housework, a food shop and a lot of sitting in the sun...magical. The highlight being my son taking me out to dinner last night as a belated birthday present. We aimed to go to La Porchetta, a wonderful pizza/pasta place that makes mouthwatering, out-of-this-world pizzas, however it wasn't open when we got there.

As we were STARVING, we decided to head across the road to....Sizzler!

Haha yes I see the irony, from an upscale seafood buffet one day to Sizzler. But it is what it is, and frankly the food ain't all that bad.

So harping on this age thing...it's probably a sign of old age maturity to get excited about your steam mop, yeah? God I love that thing, it's effortless and quick and makes me actually want to mop.

Now I'm hardly the perfect housewife and not exactly the most houseproud person (cue all my friends rolling their eyes at this news with a giant, collective 'duh'), so it's pretty weird for me to get worked up over any kind of cleaning apparatus. So when one comes along, it's time to sing Hallelujah!

Anyhoo...enough about boring cleaning...

So I finished Fifty Shades yesterday and I would like to say that it's Fifty Shades of f--ked up, however the author has already beat me to it, like 50,000 times.

I must say the characters were endearing which keeps you reading however if there was a drinking game based on Ana biting her lip, then I would've been paralytic before the third chapter. It got to the point where I really wanted to give the fictional protagonist a good hard slap of my own. Pun intended.

Seriously, author, whoever the hell you are, enough already.

It was entertaining enough but I really cannot see how this book has taken the women of the world by storm (which ergo then enables them to take their men by storm, hehe). I supposed it has introduced kinky fuckery into the vernacular and sex shops everywhere thank you for it.

So an uneventful and yet luxuriously decadent weekend of big fat nothings. Need more of em. Getting up for work tomorrow will be painful!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

xx


No comments: