Wednesday 26 September 2012

Time for Botox? And other matters.

Last night I had the strangest dream (also feeling a sense of deja vu as I type haha).

I was at a dermatologist getting microdermabrasian, which isn't all that weird as I get this done every year or two and feel like I'm due for another 'cleanup'.

However, as the dude was microdermabrading (or whatever the hell you call sandpapering my face), out of nowhere he pipes up 'I'll just pop a bit of Botox in there shall I?' as he simultaneously jabbed my scowl marks between my eyebrows with a needle.

No warning. And it HURT.

Scariest dream I've ever had.

I woke up slightly perplexed wondering if my subconscious was trying to tell me something????

Pondering this question whilst staring at my makeup-less face in the mirror this morning (scary enough at the best of times), I have to acknowledge that ye old furrows are starting to become more pronounced. I've always considered myself lucky that ye crows feet haven't hit me too hard just yet (thank you, thank you mother who largely advocated sunglasses at all times) but this eyebrow thing is starting to bug.

It doesn't help that when I'm ferociously concentrating on something at work, it isn't unheard of for passers-by to say something HILARIOUS along the lines of 'cheer up, it could be worse!'.

Now I won't say I'm averse to a bit of a jab, however I haven't gone there....yet. Part of me is afraid that I'm going to look like a more frozen, plastic version of Dannii Minogue (eeek) and I'm not really fond of that super shiny look that often accompanies said Botox. Not to mention a needle IN MY FACE.

My friends and I have often discussed plastic surgery, to the tune of 'if we won the lottery what would we have done?' and the answers range from a total body overhaul to being violently opposed, to once being violently opposed and now not THAT averse when staring into getting-older face in mirror. Especially the morning after a girls get-together.

I sit on the 'whatever makes you happy side' although I don't really have any inclination to change the way I look, I just want people to think I'm WAAAAYYY younger than I actually am.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

So I want to throw out the question...have you had Botox? Would you recommend it? What's the maintenance like and if you don't maintain, does it make you look worse?

This is all slightly pie-in-the-sky seeing as I can barely afford a haircut these days, let alone expensive 'maintenance' but I thought I'd throw it out there.

On completely other matters and unanswerable questions...

Why is it when a colleague tells you they're going home because they just threw up that it automatically makes you feel nauseaus too???

Happy Thursday all! Hope your dreams are not as frightening as mine.

xx

2 comments:

Terry Bayer said...

I think there is nothing wrong in keeping yourself looking young and great! And there are numerous options that you can choose from. If you want to have a non-invasive beauty enhancement, Botox can be a great alternative. The biggest advantage of Botox is it can make you look young in an instant, without going under the knife. You can see the laugh lines and wrinkles immediately disappear after the procedure.

Unknown said...

It's really tempting! What happens when it wears off? Does it look the same as before, or worse?