Wednesday 5 September 2012

Money is pretty ugly on the Bachelor Pad.

So I wasn't going to admit to watching this, but as I've already confessed to Toddlers and Tiaras I thought I'd already scraped the bottom and plumbed the depths of pathetic-ness.

In that case, I thought I'd just have at it and spill all:

So I've been rather addicted to Bachelor Pad.

Yes, watching 21 ridiculously self-absorbed, deluded human beings hyped up on champagne, tripping over their overinflated egos (and bad boob jobs) and falling into bed with each other all in the name of winning $250,000 (per couple) has become addictive television viewing and provided me with some of the funniest moments of my week (life, as in 'get a' - yes I know).

I'm obsessed.

Top 10 quotes of the season:

  1. Lindzi: "every guy's fantasy is twins, but I don't think they've met these twins yet" (truer words were never spoken)
  2. Sarah: "Sarah, do you not be the only girl in this hot tub that does not hook up. That would be so pathetic" (of course it would)
  3.  Chris (on Jamie): "I really don't like Jamie, but she's hot". "I feel like the only way to shut her up is to just kiss her" (what a guy)
  4.  Jamie (on Chris): "That's the great thing about him. He doesn't get pleasure out of causing pain. He's loyal and that's so attractive" (so deluded it was almost sad)
  5.  Chris (on Jamie, and Blakeley): "Honestly, the best thing I have done is traded in Blakeley and Jamie for Sarah. It's like buying a new car. You've got the nice new car smell and it's just so much smoother and nicer and easier for me" (seriously, what a catch)
  6.  Kalon: "Yeah, I'm a liar. You want me to elaborate on that?" (please no, just get in your helicopter and go away, forever)
  7.  Blakeley: "I'm so glad I worked at Hooters for 13 years" (your parents must be so proud)
  8.  Nick: "This song is about a brother and sister and the brother is giving his sister advice - and they dry humped onstage" (uh...what?)
  9.  Jaclyn: "I can't tell if Sarah is dancing or if there's something legitimately wrong with her. I'm about the call the medic. Somebody help us" (haha, it kinda did look like a seizure)
  10. Jaclyn: "go f--k yourself. I want nothing to do with her ever again...she's dead to me"

Number 10 is my absolute favourite as this is in response to Rachel taking the most hated couple in the house to the finals with her instead of the much more popular Jaclyn and Ed. Um, this might be because she actually might want to win the money??? Overreaction much?

So the finals are next week and by all the 'O' faces in the trailer it's gonna be explosive. Or else just lame with one OMG moment and they've filmed all the O faces individually.

Likely the latter.

What is it about trash TV that just has me so hooked lately? All I can say is the summer hiatus in the US can't end soon enough...for all your sakes.

xx

No comments: