Friday 21 September 2012

Life is a sideshow...and all that...

A lovely bit of downtime today after a hectic week!

Yesterday was a bit of a debacle from the word 'go'. Couldn't prise myself out of bed with a can-opener, we were out of coffee and the day was going pear-shaped before it even began.

I was sent on an errand to deliver something and got a vague address and name, and walked the street searching in vain. A few phone calls later, I ended up at the council asking for assistance, waiting more than 1/2 hour just to find out I was literally METRES away from my location in the first place...d'oh.

Then along came the heaviest storm I've experienced in years - it was rain but felt like hail and as I was driving a company car, and I know how particular my boss is about his vehicles, I ran for cover to wait it out.

Then on my way back to the office, I had to collect some gifts for people and promptly got lost...halfway to Dalby later I managed to find my way back in time to collapse at my desk and realise I probably really, really need to invest in GPS.

Double d'oh.

It all gets put into perspective however when I heard that our housewife Cathy is dealing with some personal stuff and hence was not particularly inspired to do her regular 'housewife' update yesterday. Thinking of you honey and hoping you'll get through this tough situation xx.

So this weekend is Toowoomba's Carnival of Flowers and you can absolutely smell it in their air, despite being probably about 10kms from the action. The heady rush of spring flowers mingled with the mouth-watering tang of BBQ'd meat...delicious.

We're definitely heading over there tomorrow to check it all out. There's colour everywhere and even the flower displays in the middle of the main streets of Toowoomba are ablaze with colour and the most gorgeous scent. What a lovvely moment in time for my hometown, which is feeling more and more like mine every day.

So in addition to this, it's school holidays! It's hard to imagine that my little boy is going to enter his very last term of primary school in just 2 weeks...then off to high school! Crazy. A friend of mine posted a photo of her wedding the other day on Facebook. It was so evocative (and an amazing picture to boot) because I vividly remember being pregnant at that particular wedding (I'm still sure that's why I scored the invite, because I wouldn't drink the bar dry lol). In some ways that day feels like yesterday however it's also hard to imagine life before E. Whew, nostalgic moment # 6,596, huh???

So I'm anticipating a wonderful day tomorrow, checking out our first ever Carnival of Flowers. The weather, despite yesterday's flash storms, is perfect today, warm and sunny and perfect for strolling around some lovely gardens (and of course checking out sideshow alley, which is where I know E will be making a beeline).

So wishing you all a lovely weekend and hoping you're enjoying it as much as me.

xx

No comments: