Friday 7 September 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday: a very Bec birthday

Happy 50s Housewife Friday everyone, and a very Happy Birthday to the lovely Miss Blog Queen Rebecca!

Bec, this means that 23 years ago today, we were throwing up in the backyard of your house while your lovely mum wondered how we all got so drunk on two Westcoast Coolers, thankfully oblivious to the bottle of rocket fuel I had stashed in my bag.

smileWe were the teens ur momma warned you about...but we did it sweetly and with impeccable manners

Woohoo!!! First birthday track of the day in honour of the book I stole for you on ur 17th birthday:

The Cure - Love Cats

Wanna flea, pretty?

Hmmm, did I just admit that?

Another exciting milestone this week...

Was my 7th wedding anniversary on Monday and I sit here typing today on my new Ipad 3! Damn I love pressies - I gave him a new drill, so excited!

7 years man, that's a good effort I reckon...we were together 7 years as a couple before we got married too...so many 7s...that must mean that for the next year at least our relationship will be travelling under a lucky star...sentimental of me, I know, but marriage and long-term relationships can be very scary. It's easier to write them off than it is to safe them when times get tough but for every bad year, there is an amazing year, and we are in the throes of an amazing year!

God I sound old.

Second track of the day before I go to finish setting up my new vege garden:

The Cult: Wildflower

Happy birthday Bec, I love knowing that I've always got you in my corner and I hope your year is under the lucky 7 star as well, 7/9 gal xoxo

Signing off with track 3: The Screaming Tribesmen: Date With a Vampire Girl

Will be seeing the amazing frontman from the Tribesmen tomorrow night at the Zoo as he support acts for my friend's fabulous band - Lovejoy. Can't wait to hit the Valley with my freshly blackened hair, and my posse of cool girls for a flashback of rock before I drag my married and fabulous ass home before I turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

After all, we've got forts and vege gardens to finish!

Have a great Bec birthday 50s Housewife Friday yo x

Cathy








Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s hou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I recall I was holding your hair back while YOU threw up in the garden whilst I behaved with class and dignity, as always.

Loving the Bec inspired tracks of the day, and wondering where my delivery of red velvet and diet coke cake pops are????