Tuesday 8 May 2012

Happiness, forwarding addresses and chocolate. Day 19

So today I have felt absolutely lousy. I've been battling something for a few days now and I think it's about to win the war. I woke up with a raging headache and despite about 3 litres of water, a good proportion more than the prescribed dose of Nurofen and two Hydralite drinks in case it stemmed from dehydration, I am still struggling.

The Nurofen have taken the edge off slightly but have just left me feeling somewhat loopy so apologies if I ramble or simply don't make sense today.

Generally I should probably take the 'day off' my blog, as who wants to read about someone being sick? But I feel that I've gotten so far through my challenge that I'd feel a bit let down that I didn't see it through. It may be short and sweet but even feeling like utter crap, I am sure I can muster up some positivity and maybe it will help kill off the sick cells currently waging war inside me. Come on dopamine, don't fail me now...

Gratitudes:
  • So I got a house today! That's something I am so relieved and thankful for. The rental application process is brutal, and as I mentioned previously, this particular real estate seemed overly zealous, ringing pretty much every family member, colleague, sometime acquaintance and high school nemesis (nemeses?) they could track down. Huge thanks to all those who were pestered contacted and forced to say something nice about me. My new place seems so cute, I looked it up on Google Street View and am dying to see inside, I hope it measures up to the photos and if it doesn't I will simply blame those same people whose kind words helped my application be successful. The best part is there is a park literally less than a block away, although I've somehow ended up backing onto a Catholic primary school so I really, REALLY hope they don't have church bells ringing before dawn on Sundays
  • I am so happy that things are now all systems go - with a forwarding address I can now really get stuck into the logistics and despite being too brain-dead to actually progress to much today, I have contacts for pretty much everything all written out ready for me to attack in Scarlett fashion, ie. tomorrow
  • Thanks to all of my colleagues who told me today they're not sure how they'll cope without me, I know you're telling porky pies to boost my ego but it worked. Smile in place despite agonising pain in head

Journal:
Today's journal should really simply read "made it". As this is incredibly lame I will try to elaborate. I'm trying to wrap things up and hand things over and am in the process of writing heaps of lists both at work and at home. With severe brain fog it's not that easy but I think I managed to sound vaguely coherent when explaining something to one of my newer colleagues.

I'm also excited about some very cool plans my fellow bloggers and I have for our blog - stay tuned to see some regular features from Cathy and Willow that are so uniquely them and promise to make you laugh, dance and salivate. Can't wait to read them myself!

Random act of kindness:
I have a laptop and an external monitor at work that I use as a dual screen combo - highly recommend this setup to anyone, it is brilliant. Anyway, today I offered my monitor to one of my bosses when I leave and you'd think I just handed him a lifetime supply of chocolate. He was ridiculously excited and both his PA and I are hoping his 'shiny new toy' will divert his attention away from his unholy fascination with Iphone apps for at least a week or two.

Meditation:
Despite a nanna nap yesterday I still had no trouble falling asleep and think I nodded off in the middle once again...ooops. Perhaps some things take longer than the prescribed 21 days?

So hoping I feel better tomorrow and can offer something more exciting than 'my head hurts' and 'I'm moving'.

xx

No comments: