Saturday 26 May 2012

The key to winning a million dollars.

I've just learned that in order to win large sums of cash, firstly you need to enter a competition of sorts. Generally you don't just get a letter in the mail notifying you that you've been randomly selected to make rich. Well yes you do, but experience tells me that these such letters are a LIE.

So it appears that I will NOT be becoming a millionaire tonight either, as I didn't buy any tickets/enter any competitions and that pesky guy from Nigeria hasn't gotten back to me on my inheritance. Shucks.

So today has been lovely, somewhat productive and farking, freaking COLD. We've selected a few pictures for the hallway/loungeroom and are making really good headway on pretty much everything except the bonus room which looks like bomb hit it. I had to issue E with an ultimatum to get his room in order - I've been asking all week with no result and finally when threatened with no dessert, suddenly we have action in less than half an hour! Its definitely true that a way to this man's heart is through his stomach!

And now E has a cough that sounds like a barking dog which is so not good, although he assures me he feels perfectly fine. He's dosed up with cough syrup, sausages and plenty of Vegas and is now contentedly sucking on a lemonade ice block so hopefully he will be good in the morning.

We're going to go bowling with Willow and her kids tomorrow. Well the kids will bowl whilst W and I have a long overdue gossip session, as first as residents of the same town! Awesome!

Then we have to get E organised for his first day at his new school and I'm hoping to cook a couple of meals that we can then pull out during the week as I have an inkling that I'll be far too brain dead after my new job to bother cooking. Plus it gets dark here so early that it feels so much later and depletes any urge to create anything but the most basic meal.

Now that I actually have the room I'm hoping to get my hands on a decent cheat freezer so I can cook up a storm and always have something respectable on hand. I often get the cooking urge on Sundays and will happily cook 2-3 meals at the same time but have never had the room to store everything.

Speaking of food, we just cooked up some thick sausages that I got from a butcher the other day (when I got lost) and they were simply the most amazing sausages I've ever eaten! I so need to get lost again and will hopefully stumble onto that butcher again. We also bought a beef stroganoff mix that we had the other night and it was delicious so this might become the go-to butcher, if only I can ever find my way back...

If I don't freeze myself solid this evening then I'll update you on the bowling experience!

xx

No comments: