Friday 25 May 2012

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Not that I've been eagerly awaiting 'Internet day' or anything, but we were up bright and early to race out and buy the adapter and cord required to finally get connected!

Was so excited rushing home and quickly plugged everything in with great anticipation of a return to normalcy (ie extreme Internet addiction).

So the lights came on...but no one was home. We got all the wireless stuff recognizing the network and excitedly clicked on Facebook and...nothing.

As a good little IT geek I turned everything on and off, checked all the connections, held my breath, hoped the wind was blowing the right way and tried again...

Nothing.

A prolonged call to Optus has confirmed an unprecedented fault on the line. Bah! Our Internet is currently coming through at the lightning speed of 128kps, which for those that don't speak geek is like not having Internet. At all.

A technician will be working his magic 'hopefully on Monday or Tuesday' (direct quote) but until then we remain in a most frustrating holding pattern with access so tantalizingly close (the lights are on!) yet so far.

I can honestly tell you I think I won't be using my iPhone for some time once we do finally get online as I'm heartily sick of this teeny keyboard and keep making endless typos.

Moving on from my 'rich people' problems, today we woke up to a 5 degree morning with the sun shining brilliantly, certainly a lovely change from yesterday's rain and wind, and most unexpected as the rain was forecast for all weekend. So far our first weekend in Toowoomba, barring technical issues, has been lovely.

The iPhone weather app says its currently 6 degrees at 11am but I think it must be wrong as I'm sitting in the sun in my backyard (my backyard!) and provided you're directly in sunlight it's absolutely lovely. Yes I'm wearing my Cobar mans socks and a rather fetching pair of trackies (which I did NOT go out in public in this morning, in case you were wondering) but I'm thoroughly enjoying soaking up the vitamin D through the (very few) patches of visible skin on my body.

This weekend's plans include little more than trying to finish off the unpacking before life as our 'new normal' begins on Monday. Willow and I have delayed our shopping trip for now until I actually have some cash to spare. It's far too frustrating to need things and not be able to get them!

So hope your weekend is shaping up to be awesome! I am going to put my technological frustrations aside and thoroughly enjoy my 'first' weekend in my new hometown! That's if I ever leave my sunlit backyard.

I leave you with a depth that I will never sink to...unless I get really, really cold.

xx

No comments: