Tuesday 22 May 2012

Post-medical relief. And shopping fail.

I've been poked, prodded and suffered certain indignities that I will never speak of, but ultimately I've been judged as 'fit to work'. Oh if they only knew.

So I'm not on drugs, I have great eyesight, coordination (take that go-kart that I fell out of) and general good health. The doctor thinks I'm awesome at yoga due to my sterling flexibility and balance. Ha! I have to get my left ear checked out for my own peace of mind as apparently I'm not that great at registering lower level sounds but otherwise all is good.

Big relief.

To celebrate my now confirmed employment status I took myself off to Myer in an attempt to spend my farewell shopping voucher. I say 'attempt' as I got so confused in there and fell in love with pretty much everything so couldn't decide.

I've had no money to buy anything decent for such a long time and have simply avoided decent dress shops due to the fact that it is just too painful to look and not buy. So I was like a kid in a candy store and just couldn't decide. Also thinking back on it jeans and boots were not the best choices when wanting to try on clothes so I didn't bother at all.

Instead Miss Willow is going to join me as a valued second opinion on Saturday so I can finally spend, spend, spend and come away without buyers remorse.

I have buyers dyslexia where it looks amazing in the store but then you catch a glimpse of yourself on your first day wearing it and it's a horror show. Or else I go out shopping and buy a black dress that, you guessed it, looks exactly like 3 others hanging in my wardrobe.

I'm such a dress and accessories girl, probably because I'm crap at pairing tops and skirts and think pants make my ass visible from the moon. Whereas you slip on a dress and maybe a pretty scarf or jewellery and you're good to go.

I must say there was also a divine coat or two that caught my eye also do I'm thinking I might end up putting on a size able lay by come Saturday! It will form part of Willow's job description as personal shopper to restrain me.

I can't stop thinking about that awesome shop I glimpsed this morning but refuse to go back until the paychecks start rolling in.

So we're on the countdown to my first day at work now - I'm scared and excited all at the same time.

xx


No comments: