Sunday 13 May 2012

The Lasts.

So this is the ultimate week of 'lasts'. For instance, I'm on the bus right now, the 'last' Monday I'll ever do this.

It's a surreal feeling. The status quo that has been my daily routine is about to change out of all recognition. I could be really sad about it but instead I'm choosing to try to soak up as much as I can to remember and then accept that the 'last' has to come before I get to experience the 'firsts'.

Wow I think I might be getting wise here, that's definitely a first!

So walking to the bus this morning I breathed the air and looked around me and tried to stay aware. And it's weird, you know, I walk down my street every day, and have of course noticed changes over the years, but never really observed that there is barely a house left along the street, with developers building highrises in their place, and most of those left behind are vacant and storm-fenced awaiting sales to developers (who will then build highrises etc etc).

Progress?

Well I'm about to move to penultimate suburbia to a cottage that every grandma everywhere would covet, so what does that tell you?

It's a bit symbolic really as the houses that USED to be on my street are actually very reminiscent of my new place in Toowoomba, come to think of it.

Deep stuff for a Monday morning. Frankly I'm just impressed at my coherency considering it's not yet 7am and I only have one coffee running through the veins - yet.

Hopefully that's a 'first' and not a 'last' yeah?

Wishing you all a happy Monday. I'm going to go stare out the bus window now and soak up a few more 'lasts'.

xx


No comments: