Monday 14 May 2012

Monday. Scoring a rich octegenarian. The Voice.

So Monday is nearly done and with that the 'last' Monday at my current job.

It's been so busy trying to wrap things up and hand things over and with only a few days left to fit everything in, I'm trying not to panic!

I've come home to box city and right now just don't want to know about it! I'm relaxing for a bit before dinner but will try to force myself to pack a box or two and hopefully feel like I'm making some headway.

So I had to laugh at reading on news.com.au that apparently Cristal Harris (Hef's runaway bride) is now giving tips on how you too can snare your very own billionaire octegenarian. I guess everyone's gotta have a hobby, right? Not sure if it counts if you don't make it down the aisle though, perhaps the pre-nup was too ironclad for Cristal's tastes? Guessing Hef would have had the sense to protect himself against any Kim Kardashian-style wedding antics, he hasn't been in the biz this long without picking up a clue or two. Funnily enough, Cristal's tips don't seem to include fashioning yourself like a blonde Barbie doll and inflating your boobs beyond all reasonable proportions.

Thinking maybe Cristal just needs to get a job - after all, hocking a $90k ring ain't enough to set you up for life. Meanwhile Hef gets to keep his cash and had new 'girlfriends' moving in before Cristal even packed her bags. Fail.

Looking forward to the first live show of The Voice tonight, E and I have already picked who we think will be the final two so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If you're wanting tips, I'd be putting my money on Karysse (Miss-I-swallowed-Janis-Joplin) and Lakyn (Mr-I-look-like-a-boybander-but-actually-have-talent). I think both are incredibly talented and have something unique to offer but are also marketable in the industry. There's been a bit of a backlash in the media that since the judges can now SEE the contestants that they're now judging on looks, however I guess there has to be a certain marketability for the winners. We've all seen winners of previous 'talent shows' disappear before their first single even hits the charts, so the whole looks and backstory stuff is a necessary evil to ensure they have momentum and can actually launch someone's career after the final show has been aired.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Monday - it's weird to think that this time next week I will be spending my first night in my new home! Scary!

xx

No comments: