Wednesday 16 May 2012

Apprentices and masters.

Dicko's a winner in my book
So I don't know about you but I've been riveted by the Australian version of Celebrity Apprentice. The final is still showing and I couldn't resist giving my live commentary as the show goes on. They've done their presentations and we're in the Boardroom right now waiting to find out the ultimate winner.

I must admit I've been rooting for Dicko since Day 1. Loved him on Idol, he was fabulous on Dancing With The Stars and I just think the snarky one-liners that just trip off that Pommy tongue are hilarious. Seeing another side of him on this show has been awesome, he's shown himself as a savvy businessman, a supportive team player and has displayed incredible humility. His tears and gratitude during the homeless challenge was really touching, as was bringing the homeless dude into his final video clip - a perfectly played but genuine game.

Quotes of the night:
If I win, I owe Tania a debt of gratitude, but she gets on my tits.
It was a beautiful train wreck, sir.
It's a mid-life crisis. Some people run off with their PA. Some people buy a sports car (on why he's come on the show)

Love it.

The young bloke Nathan who I'd never heard of before (apparently he won the Amazing Race) is pretty impressive and a worthy finalist but I think Dicko nailed it tonight. It's a true battle of the teacher and the student.

Wow, Dicko is tearing up over Nathan's video clip now...and telling him he always wanted a son and is so proud of him. Watching him build up his opposition and give him props is really very cool. The usual Boardroom antics of tearing down your competition is completely absent.

I get the feeling Dicko has the win because Mr Bouris (aka 'Sir') has nailed Dicko to the wall and built Nathan up, which is usually television-speak for misdirection. Ah yes I'm wise to their game. Or perhaps that's just me hoping!

It's an ad break now so I'm still waiting with bated breath.

We're back and Dicko looks like he's falling on his own sword here. He's basically telling Mr Bouris that he thinks Nathan needs it more. Tactics? I am generally very cynical but I think I believe him.

OK here we go with the result...

...and the winner is...

DICKO.

Hooray! 

Aw and now he wants to split some of his winnings with Nathan's charity.

Dicko, I love you.

xx


No comments: