Saturday 26 May 2012

Cooking up a Sunday storm.

I don't pretend to be a 50s housewife nor will you find it anywhere on my bucket list but every now and again I get into this cooking groove and go a little nuts in the kitchen.

These episodes have been few and far between in recent years due to a teeny kitchen and a seriously can't-be-assed attitude. But today I decided to give my kitchen the full work out and I'm happy to report no disasters, fiascos or fire brigades called!

So over the last few hours I've conjured up meals for the rest of the week, with portion controlled veges in little containers ready to be steamed and everything! With a lasagne bubbling in the oven as I write this, plus beef stroganoff and teriyaki beef and rice all in their containers in the fridge (can you tell we are not vegetarian?) plus lunch made for tomorrow, I'm feeling a certain sense of domestic goddess satisfaction.

I know this week is gonna be crazy, settling into my new job and easing E into his new school plus this cold weather that we are still trying to acclimate to... I thought it best to be prepared with some decent healthy meals that we can pop into the microwave at a moment's notice.

God I'm good!

So the plan is to be the professional working princess during the week and the cooking storm goddess on Sundays.

Yeah that'll happen!

So today we went to the bowling alley with Willow and her kids. E and Willow's daughter had a fantastic time amusing themselves bowling and Willow and I got to finally catch up in between giggling at her youngest who is simply THE most adorable wind-up doll I've ever seen!

Afterwards I googled the magic butcher and we found it! Success! Turns out its actually just around the corner from my work so now I know where it is I'll be a regular visitor. Another visit to the vege shop - $6 for a bag of veges and bananas thank you very much! Me likey. A lot.

Then home to the cooking extravaganza. I was going to imitate Cathy and start a-baking some cupcakes but my bechamel sauce took FOREVER to thicken and by that stage I'd run out of puff. Something for another day, methinks.

So tonight we need to make sure we are organised for the official start of work/school...excitement!

How was your weekend? What are you looking forward to this week? Make sure you click on the subscribe button to follow!

xx

No comments: