Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wednesday shenanigans. Scarves and telephone company bashing.

It's now day 11 without Internet and still no resolution! I come home every day, turn that little modem off and on and wait with bated breath...for nothing. Again today I thought surely today is the day, yeah? I mean, they said 'probably Monday or Tuesday' so being hump day and all, surely it's not too much to ask?

But it wasn't to be.

I keep walking past the flashing modem knowing that silly blinking light means yet another night of no connection. Boo Optus! Just boo.

Thankfully I've had a fantastic day otherwise which makes our lack of connection to the all-important outside world more bearable. I feel like I'm starting to get a handle on my new job and getting the names and faces put together much better every day. In for a long day tomorrow with more training but then hopefully I'll know what I'm doing instead of just sitting there giving off the aura that yes, of course I'm all over it but secretly having no farking idea!

Some of the girls took me for a wonderful lunch today at Gips, which is apparently a long-standing Toowoomba favorite and was definitely somewhere I'd go back in a hurry! I got some sort of bourbon soaked steak sandwich which was like nothing I've ever tastes and I'm still salivating hours later!

I also got a little tour of some hotspots and some awesome advice on where to go for hair and beauty services, the best butcher in town (surprisingly not the one I've discovered either), best places for breakfast etc. Can't wait to get my Internet back so I can get my google earth map updated so I can navigate myself around all the recommended hotspots!

I have some friends coming up next weekend and am thinking I really MUST try to finish unpacking and sorting this weekend do the house is in a decent state for their arrival. My friend is a total neat freak and she's the sort that if I haven't put stuff away properly, I'll wake up and find her doing it for me. And as tempting as that is, I would love for them to walk into our finished house (furniture, pot plants etc still TBC).

I think I've been procrastinating as when we're done we will have one room with a rug, a few bookcases and nothing else...once I get some cash I'll have to start looking around for some furniture to put in it! I also have some lovely neat garden beds and hedging but the beds are mostly bare so I'd love to get a little herb garden going.

Becoming a right little domestic goddess in my grown up (but not old) middle years!

So halfway through the week and all is pretty damned good in my little space (Internet notwithstanding).

Speaking of domestic things and lack of internet, due to the extra time I've discovered whilst internet-less (scary how much of my life I spend online), over the last two nights I've made myself a lovely red scarf which I even wore to work this morning. Yes knitting like a little grandma, although as I only know one stitch my grandma would kick my butt at it!

Hope your week is going well. Any tips on how to keep my cool with Optus on the phone tomorrow???

xx

No comments: