Monday 2 July 2012

Feeling human and hilarious.

After an entirely miserable weekend battling with that nightmare called THE FLU and after imbibing greater than the recommended dosage of Codral Cold and Flu tablets for 48 of those interminably miserable hours (so sue me) I am slowly and finally starting to resemble a human being, or as close to it as I'm ever capable of.

The dreaded lurgie always rears its ugly head at the worst possible times, like when you're new at your job and still trying to fool convince your boss that you're the wonderfully capable efficient shining star you worked so hard to portray yourself as during the gruelling recruitment process.

Well there goes that.

Nothing says awesomely amazing employee of the year like the red nosed (legally) drugged sniffling coughing machine that has presented itself at the office the last few days.

Attractive.

Although it turns out there is an unreported side effect from OD'ing on cold and flu tablets and going about your business drug-addled...apparently it makes you hilarious. All day via email, on the phone and in person I have been personally responsible for completely unintentionally cracking people up wherever I tread my dainty little feet, leaving a trail of laughter in my wake.

They should really put that on the packet.

You're welcome.

I only wish I could remember what made me so damned hilarious so I could bottle it. Although probably best to just leave it alone or I may discover that my heretofore unknown hilarity was simply the result of people laughing AT me. Hmmm...

Best compliment of the day: 'You're very switched on, aren't you?'

This from the boss. Not bad on a day when putting a simple thought into coherent form was a struggle. Here's to feeling human and hilarious!

xx

No comments: