Monday 9 July 2012

The sushi lament.


When contemplating moving to a small town setting
I knew there'd be things I wouldn't be getting
There's choices in the city that you just won't find
In a smaller town,  I knew I'd have to leave them behind

On driving around I was pleasantly surprised
There wasn't much to forego, as I had been advised
And the benefits won out, like cheaper prices, higher pay
So I was content I was happy to say

As the weeks have gone on, it has become apparent to me
There's one thing this small town lacks - that being sushi
Oh there's the takeaway place we which excitedly tried
It was dry,  it was old, it was like chewing hide

Another promised but didn't deliver
The window display looked as appetising as liver
It really and truly is a disgrace
and I still haven't found the promised Sushi Station place

So there's my lament, no sushi for us
The staple of our daily diet for many years plus
No more popping out for teriyaki salmon and rice
Tuna ships or crab salad, mmm...now wouldn't that be nice

My lunches bereft, I feel like there's a hole in my life
And a great big niche market for a good sushi chef and his knife
So come on Toowoomba let's get with the times
And spare my poor audience from my terrible rhymes

Thank you.

xx


No comments: