Wednesday 18 July 2012

Birthdays and a walk down memory lane.

So after the debacles of yesterday, today has been the BEST DAY EVER. E woke up SO excited for his birthday, and the eye is so much better today, no bruising (yet) so I'm hoping we get a free pass on the black eye.

He was so pumped to open his gift from grandad (Skylanders) and I also tricked him into thinking that he wasn't getting more from me, but who were we kidding? So a surprise present from me (Skylanders storage box) just about made the day perfect. He was crazy excited to get to school to hand out lollies and celebrate with his mates. The icing on the cake was to come home and find a card from his great-grandma in the letterbox, complete with a HUGE sum of money that he's already working out how to spend...

Awesome day.

I cannot believe it's been 12 years since my boy made his dramatic entrance into the world. After 18 hours of labour, I delivered the most perfect, screaming, red coneheaded alien that was ever born. And I've loved him a little bit more every day until I feel my heart would burst.

It makes you walk down memory lane and I realise that because he was born just prior to the digital age, that I don't have any baby photos on my computer...I'll have to spend a lost rainy weekend scanning in all of his early days pics and probably shedding a little tear or two, partly for the little boy gone and partly pride for the amazing kid he's become.

Great day at work too, getting ready for a big function, including putting a new hole in the ozone layer by Glen 20-ing a function room that smelt like it'd been closed up for a year or more. So excited for the coming days, two functions (afternoon and night) followed by E's sleepover party on Saturday night!

I can't believe the last twelve years have gone so fast, it seems only yesterday that my cute little baby turned into a toddler and then opened his mouth (which hasn't shut since). Aaahhh, memories. Couldn't resist posting a few pics to show how's he's grown :)

xx


No comments: