Monday 16 July 2012

Carpark karma.

A great start to the week, waking up at a reasonable hour to a glorious day, followed by a busy and productive day at work!

We had to stop by the shops on the way home and yet again it occurred to me how lucky I was to have somehow acquired carpark karma!

I think we are all 'lucky' in some specific way and for some reason mine has manifested in having the most awesome carpark karma. It doesn't matter what time of day I go shopping or even how busy it is, I drive in to find a prime carpark right in front of the doors. Every. Single. Time.

I can't ever remember a time where I had to drive aimlessly around stalking people for a park, it just magically appears whenever I want one. Hooray!

I remember a time where we were meeting my father for lunch at Chermside on a Saturday - in hindsight not the best idea considering how busy that shopping centre is on a Saturday, especially around the middle of the day! In typical fashion I zoomed into a choice spot in seconds; my sister reported driving around for 5 minutes or so to score hers and then we waited vainly for my (always early) father to appear. Turns out the poor bugger was driving around in circles desperately trying to find a park. Half an hour later, he was at the end of his rope and no further along than before, so we upped sticks and relocated to another cafe down the road.

Everyone who is ever a passenger in my car LOVES it because we never have to wait, ever. It's an awesome bit of karma and extremely useful.

So this evening we drove into the shopping centre and it was a little cray-cray. Cars everywhere, both coming and going, and people driving like mad people in order to score a spot just to race in and race out before dinner. Of course as always, I drove straight in just as the car in the VERY FIRST spot pulled out and I zoomed in within seconds.

Woohoo!

I once had a boss when every time we sold him a raffle ticket or entered him into a competition, he would be like, 'you know I'm gonna win this, I win everything'. And sure enough, he would. Lucky bastard. He clearly had 'winning karma' but professed that his carpark karma was complete and utter crap.

So what's your 'karma'? Do you have a lucky thing that always happens to you? Personally whilst I'm loving my carpark karma I've often thought it would've been much handier to have 'winning karma' but I guess mine is useful.

xx

No comments: