Friday 20 July 2012

Cathy's 50's housewife Friday.


Happy 50s Housewife Friday everyone!

This Friday has once again whirled around like a banshee in a dust storm, and as usual I am spun out by how fast time is travelling at the moment...

I know everyone's favourite day is Friday, but I have enjoyed my morning so immensely that I could write a song about how much Friday rocks, but I think there's already a few of those so I will just express it in print right here, just for the record:

Friday, ur my homey   

Walked Xavier to school with Tonka, sat on the deck in the sun with an icy Diet Coke, had a lovely phone call from a faraway friend then read Who magazine from cover to cover, my Friday staple   

Alas, something I read in Who has got me incredibly disorientated...and I thought, well maybe it's just me so I would be interested in your feedback...ok?

Now, I'm not a Hollywood movie producer...

but...

Lindsay Lohan playing Elizabeth Taylor??????

Are you fucking kidding me????

Today's first track of the day: Tomorrow Wendy - Concrete Blonde

*One day I will tell you of my love affair with Concrete Blonde, Johnette is a hero of mine since I was a young swampy and I love her to this day...*

If ur not familiar, please familiarise yourself by next week   

Housewife duties today include a mountain of washing and some floors that would love a scrubbin...which I will probably delegate to someone else...my kids will do anything in a half assed fashion for $5.

Current track listing: Mudhoney - Acetone.
'she drinks from a bitter cup, I'm trying to get her to give it up'.

My Itunes must be a little sombre today...

Am currently baking triple choc muffins for my spoilt little brats and their mates for afternoon tea so I had better jump to it...

Hope you have enjoyed your Friday as much as I have, and don't forget to write a letter to your local member of parliament to complain about Lindsay Lohan...

Cathy xx



Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.



No comments: