Friday 27 July 2012

Currently.

Reading: Insatiable, by Meg Cabot. I've read a bunch of her books before and have always enjoyed the way Meg writes...it's engaging, with great characters and generally written tongue in cheek, just the way I like it. I'm only about a quarter of the way through but already am hanging on page by page to see what happens next.

I love it when I can find a great author who never disappoints. So often I get hooked on a series or an author where eventually it feels like they're writing by numbers. I still have to read them hoping it gets better but am inevitably disappointed. Meg's books always feel so fresh and not like she's dashed them out to meet a deadline...yay!

Anticipating: a couple of busy weeks with not one but two visits back to Brisbane. It will be my first time back since I've left and although I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, now that the sushi issue has been resolved I don't have a great deal of interest in Brisbane itself. I have a specific makeup item that I cannot find in Toowoomba that I'll pick up on one of my trips but there'll be no lengthy shopping excursion...just a quick smash and grab affair :)

Cannot wait however to catch up with the girls for one of our famous gossip evenings, and also seeing a few of our old classmates who have confirmed they'll be there too! Have been trying to get them to come along for ages so we're stoked to finally be able to catch up in person!

Loving: my life! Toowoomba has been everything and more and I feel so lucky and happy that I took this leap and fell on my feet. Great job, fabulous house, making friends and just generally feeling accepted, special and loved. What more could a girl ask for?

Working on: trying to get my motivation back after being sick. Now I'm feeling better but my strength is just not where it should be. I am really keen to finally try this hot yoga so really need to book myself in for a session ASAP! I'm feeling all kinds of fat and blah and am sick of waking up and coming home tired. I'm sure once I get this flabby ass moving I'll feel all kinds of better about myself and inspired and motivated yada yada. I have a terrible habit of 'thinking about it tomorrow' (a la Scarlett) so tomorrow I should finally do it!

Obsessing over: Kirsten Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson. OMG!

Watching: now that The Bachelorette has finished (and Emily picked Jef...hooray!!!) and I'm all caught up with all the other cheesy shows I watch, including The Glee Project, I am now revisiting a show so lame it was cancelled in Australia after three episodes...90210. Clearly the American television viewing audience isn't quite so discerning as we as it's now in it's fourth season and I'm still plodding through season 3. Sad, sad, sad.

Looking forward to: shopping with Willow tomorrow! We haven't managed to get together for our long-awaited shopping trip yet and I've already spent most of my shopping voucher on a beautiful new Jane Lamerton dress but when has that ever held me back? Massively excited about a girlie shopping day full of giggles, gossip and making googly eyes over things I cannot afford and her adorably amazing 2 year old who will be chaperoning us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xx

No comments: