Saturday 30 June 2012

Small things amuse small minds when on cold and flu drugs.

So the wonders of hot yoga still remain a mystery. I was forced to cancel due to a shocking case of flu that has left me all but comatose excepting waking up every 10 minutes to blow my nose AGAIN, culminating in an emergency drive around Toowoomba at 10.30pm last night on a desperate hunt for an open chemist for some cold and flu remedies so I could SLEEP. Only to find the pharmacy that proudly proclaims 'first to open, last to close' considers 10pm to be an acceptable time to shut itself off to the sick and desperate.

Huh.

Sucks to be me.

It was perhaps a gross error of judgement to choose last night to remedy my fire virgin status. Due to my extreme ineptitude which caused much mirth as I monitored my progress via Facebook (glad to be of service), I had to keep opening the door to add MORE kindling, firelighters and anything else flammable in an effort to keep the damn thing burning (tepee shape my ass). As a result the residual smoke went straight up my nose and simply exacerbated the sneezing/coughing/nose blowing scenarios outlined above.

Feeling special.

This morning the house smells like smoke so I'm sitting in the sun and have opened the house in an effort to air it all out. The simple act of walking into my lounge simply brings on yet another sneezing fit.

There's a visual for you.

So fire fail. But they say the first time is the worst haha.

This morning after canceling yoga (boo) and having been too tired and sick this week to remember to call the washing machine repairer, it became fairly obvious that unless I wanted to show up to work wearing some especially unflattering back-of-wardrobe fare this week, another Laundromat excursion was the first priority. So looking especially fetching in said back-of-wardrobe attire, complete with running nose and this season's sleep-deprived-due-to-coughing-and-sneezing-all-night dark circles look, off I went.

Luckily for me a chemist that was actually OPEN (a novel concept) was right beside the Laundromat so I doses myself up with the recommended cold and flu drugs (ah drugs) and zoned out while the washing machines did their thing. Now I'm a big fan of the cold and flu remedies when all else has failed but it shows how far gone I am when the magic tablets have only succeeded in simply taking the edge off for an hour or so. Bah.

Anyhoo after the washing was finished I realised that my measly 20 pegs weren't gonna cut it for the 3 loads of washing I was hefting so thought I'd simply 'pop' into Bunnings to pick up some more.

Big mistake.

It's been awhile since I've required anything hardware related (due to unit living) so I'd forgotten the chaos of Bunnings on a Sunday.

Well in Toowoomba especially it was like taking my life in my hands simply to drive in, park and make it to the front door. Heaven forbid having to wait 2 seconds to give way to a car or pedestrian DARE hold back these diehard DIY-ers.

Frightening.

And who 'pops into' Bunnings? Dumbass. The place is so big I could have disappeared in there never to be found again.

Anyhoo by the time I got my pegs and risked my life just to exit I was pretty shattered and ready to get home.

In an effort to amuse myself when hanging the washing on the line (by which stage I felt dead on my feet), I deliberately mismatched all the pegs, having a giggle that any OCD friend would be having conniptions right about now.

It's the drugs.

Now I'm planning to sit outside until I can enter the building without sneezing. And I think it's time for more drugs.

xx



2 comments:

willow said...

Repeat after me . I will call my friend no matter what time of night so I can ask her is there a chemist open , I will allow my friend to help with washing when I am sick ( she is a secret washer lover so will get her kicks out of it ). I will call my friend if I am in need . Repeat hourly

Unknown said...

I will call my friend and allow her to help!!!! Thought a five person family would have suffficient washing to keep you amused!