Friday 15 June 2012

Should every single woman have a toolbox? Discuss.

Wow what a week we've had! First our work conference and then a couple of crazy busy days...I've had an exhilarating week which has left me mentally spent and I'm really happy to usher in the weekend for a bit of R&R time.

I'm so happy that some of the women from work, including my cubicle-mate, have invited me on a bead excursion this weekend...this is the same place I had been planning on visiting last weekend but never made it to, so I am super excited to discover somewhere new and once again wallow in my girly girl side. It's lovely to be in a community where people are so nice and inclusive and I'm so happy that my fellow cubicle-mate has been so incredibly welcoming to me. We work in exceptionally close confines so to have found someone so easygoing is a godsend - it would be a very small space indeed if we didn't get along! It certainly doesn't hurt that she's the self-appointed Free Chocolate Friday girl. I've inadvertently hit the jackpot with this seating plan! She and the dude who brought in the espresso machine for the kitchen are fast becoming some of my most favourite people in the world.

I'm easy to please.

So after last night's electricity hijinks, one of my friends is insinuating that a toolbox, complete with self-powered flashlight is likely to materialise as a birthday present for me in September. Methinks she is somewhat horrified by my iphone-as-flashlight experience of last night and seemed quite aghast that a single woman such as myself is not armed and ready for all occasions.

Well I have a headband and a pair of gorgeous heels for all occasions, which I think is quite sufficient thank you very much. But if she'd like to give me tools as a gift I am sure I can easily repurpose them into something useful. I've heard pliers can be multi-purposed as tweezers in a pinch and I have been known to use adjustable wrenches to assist with untangling my many necklaces and to fix the odd bit of jewellery so I'm sure it will come in handy.

I'm nothing if not resourceful.

So exciting to get a text from a good mate from Brisbane with some massively exciting news for her...she knows who she is and I'm completely stoked that everything is turning out exactly how she wanted!

Coming home to enjoy a Facetime phone call on my iphone with my dad and stepmother was the icing on the cake! It's lovely to be able to chat face-to-face, which I know has been around for aeons but we've only just discovered how priceless it can be for E and his fellow cousins to chat and see each other. They get such a kick out of it, and frankly, so do I!

So far I have to say my small-town sojourn has to be considered a roaring success. It's lovely to take the most scary leap of your life (next to motherhood!) and land cat-like on your feet into a situation that so far exceeds my most wildest dreams. I am feeling completely blessed and born under a lucky star right about now! There's so many things at work in the pipeline that are really exciting and I had a great day kicking off the planning for a big event that we'll be holding for the team. I really loved my last job but after 7 years was feeling really stale and had lost my sparkle. I'm so happy that my enthusiasm seems to have returned ten-fold and that everyone seems to appreciate my efforts. It's lovely to have people look to me for guidance even though I'm so new, and to rely on me for the experience that they hired me for. It makes me want to work even harder to earn their respect.

Life is so good right now and will be complete when I source a 'money tree' to put outside my front door, which apparently attracts luck, love, harmony and prosperity to your door. Can't hurt, right?

So there's my projects for the weekend...plants and beads. And kick-ass pots to put them in (plants, not beads).

Funny that my weekend plans a decade ago would have sent chills down my spine (where's the cocktails? FFS!) whereas now I embrace it and am completely enthused by the possibilities.

Hope your week has been as fantastic as mine. I've worked hard and am tired but really feel a great sense of accomplishment!

xx







No comments: