Tuesday 26 June 2012

Cold. And hot yoga.

Cold, wet and miserable...brrr!

Sat in a meeting room all afternoon glancing out the window every now and again thinking it's getting sooooo late but in actuality it was only 5pm. But when I finally did leave, it was pitch black and I felt like it was about 9pm.

So last night E and I felt a bit bereft and realised we were going through The Voice withdrawals, which also made me realise that I had also completely forgotten to celebrate the win of the amazing Karise Eden!

Every Monday as you know E and I have religiously been tucked up watching The Voice and debated endlessly on the winner. But it was pretty much a foregone conclusion in the end - despite the overseas support of Sarah De Bono, thanks to Joel Madden and his # 1 supporters (Nicole and Lionel Ritchie), nothing could overcome this superstar.

All the rest of the contestants were pretty good but Karise is in a class of her own. Watching her face when she won was pure joy...she must have known the whole country was behind her, um, being like # 1, 2, 4 and 5 on the Itunes charts and all, but it seemed like she really wasn't expecting it at all.

Well done to her. The Voice found their voice. Watching Seal beaming like a proud daddy was really lovely too. I don't think he expected to get as emotionally attached to his team as he did. I think we'll be seeing a lot of this girl, let's hope she can retain her humility and not get caught up in the trappings of instant fame.

So anyway we kinda didn't know what to do with ourselves last night, as nothing has been put on to replace The Voice and I think the hole will take a while to close up. In the end we turned off the TV and did some reading instead. E has now gotten halfway through Catching Fire and is completely engrossed.

Now that he's officially on school holidays I expect him to ramp up the reading big-time so wouldn't be surprised if the trilogy was done and dusted by the end of next week. Although as he's spending a week at his grandparents' motel next week with his cousins, I guess he'll have other distractions! He's so excited to be heading to Tenterfield with four of his cousins, he's the oldest one and parades around like the Pied Piper with all the smaller kids following his every move. I guess that's pretty damn good for anyone's ego, yeah?

So I'm really looking forward to Sunday when I get to experience my first hot yoga session! For some reason yesterday I googled Toowoomba news and it just so happened in the Comical Chronicle they had an article on a brand-new yoga studio, and the first Toowoomba hot yoga studio, opening this weekend. They're offering free introductory sessions so I've signed up for Sunday. Not sure if I'm excited or terrified...frankly the thought of sweating for 60 minutes through 35+ degree heat is quite frightening, particularly when I have absolutely no bloody idea how to do the yoga bit in the first place. But apparently the heat is excellent for preventing you hurting yourself, although I can't see how I won't get hurt when I pass out from heat exhaustion and topple over from one of the crazy looking poses I've seen on their website. I just pray I don't take anyone down with me.

Wish me luck.

If you're interested in joining me, click here to book yourself into a class, if for nothing else than to laugh yourself silly at me attempting to not make a complete idiot of myself.

xx




Oh hell no!





No comments: