Thursday 21 June 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday

Happy 50's Housewife Friday!!


I missed doing my FHF update last week and i apologise, but my husband was on holidays from work and it was also his birthday so he demanded every last bit of attention I had! You know what they're like.


Being the good 50's inspired housewife I try to be on Fridays, i gave it to him, as the rest of the week, true to form, i had been telling him to shut up and keep the hell away from me. (Just kiddin...... it was maybe only half the week.)


Anyways : Remember the rant i had about how we were looking for a new place, but then I updated about how we were staying here and i was baking celebratory cookies etc etc....well tomorrow we are moving!! We have found an awesome house back in our old haunt of fabulous Paddo and are packing the menagerie and heading back. 


It s the perfect place for us. Right around the corner from Xavi's school, Bus Stop out the front for Sev, massive yard for my Daycare and my pets, renovated bathrooms and kitchen, decks etc etc.


Yes, we somehow beat out all the other contestants in the running for this great property, even though the owner originally wasn't allowing pets, and we have 43 of them ( including the fish and the children) I nearly cried when I found that out- the house was just too perfect for us and I felt it should be ours.


The fact that we have been applying and losing out to one of the other 50 couples in this competitive race made me put a bit more thought into this one, so I rang back the Real Estate and I sold us. Turns out the owner really wanted a family living there and when he heard that my husband was an electrical contractor who would be more than happy to do any electrical work the house might need while we are tenants, free of charge, we were in!!


50's Housewives love to pimp out their husbands apparently 


So there you go, kids, if ur obnoxious and precocious enough, u too can get ur way.


In the midst of the current chaos surrounding me, i am off to bake a huge batch of choc chip cookies for the band of Fabulous helpers coming over tomorrow..... 


Today 1st track listing on the soundtrack of my day?


KISS - U were made for loving me 
(which then inspired my teen to make me watch Youtube video footage of Ace drunk....classic Ace  A king amongst men and one of the worlds greats ).


Thanks for a fun Friday KISS


So, Here's to a fresh start and a Happy 50's houswife Friday to y'all 


Cathy xx


Ps Interview guy to Ace Frehley " So, i take it ur a Spaceman"
Ace to interview guy " Nah, actually I'm a plumber " laughs hysterically 
Classic 




Like this or any other post? Share it on your Facebook wall! Just click on the F sign below.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Next step: the teacup pig (teacup pig! teacup pig!).

Unknown said...

P.S. I completely know where you're coming from, re. the housing competitiveness. My sister and I resorted to attaching a heartfelt letter to the owners that practically included our life stories and CVs just in order to try to stand out.

Anonymous said...

I think later this year ill be in the same boat, (competing for a rental that is)

Unless i can borrow a massive amount of cash!!!
like that is going to happen.
ahh... so Mr Pooler, what were you doing for 7 months late in 2011.......

Ummmmmm i was kinda working on not working....
he he.....

I don't think that will fly, do you?

Jeffro :)

Anonymous said...

Thats when u say you were travelling the world extensively - makes you sound like a well rounded person - which you are! You'll be right maste - come home soon, Xavier wants a tree house and he wants YOU to build it!!!

Anonymous said...

Tea Cup Pig! Tea Cup Pig!!