Monday 2 April 2012

Is Cooking With Poo the Oddest Book Title of the Year?

I've mentioned this before but I turn into a puerile 10 year old boy when faced with clever and funny turns of phrase, in fact they don't even need to be that clever.

So imagine my delight when I stumbled on a website announcing the winner of the Oddest Book Title of the Year. Yes, you too could be the proud owner of the Diagram Prize, with its 34 year history...all you need is a snigger-worthy title, and probably some sort of book deal as well, it doesn't actually go into specifics.

So the recipient of this year's prestigious award is Cooking With Poo. Awesome.

Personally I believe 'The Great Singapore Penis Panic and the Future of America Mass Hysteria' was robbed. At only $9.99 on amazon.com, I am sorely tempted to download but am worried that it just won't live up to the hype.

And even better, Amazon suggests that the following tome is frequently bought together with the Penis Panic:

'Little Green Men, Meowing Nuns and Head-Hunting Panics: A Study of Mass Psychogenic Illness and Social Delusion'

Gold.  The stuff of bestsellers, right there (meowing nuns...snigger).

Which brings me to the book I bought Elijah for Christmas based purely on its book title:

'Big Pants, Burpy and  Bumface: ...And Other Totally True Names!

 
We've I've spent many an evening leafing through amusing myself as only a 10 year old boy can. Totally recommend it.

Thanks for finishing my Monday on an up-note Mr Internet. You've earned your keep today.

xx


No comments: