Tuesday 10 April 2012

Horrors of Raising Baby - the man's perspective

So back to work after four days of relaxing bliss. I don't know about you but I found it just about impossible to get up this morning, and my poor alarm clock nearly suffered a fatal accident.

Typing this with a keyboard where the 'L' button is sticky - luckily for me I just re-read the above sentence prior to posting as 'clock' without the L completely changed the context of what I was trying to say. Ha.

Today I stumbled across this fabulous blog post entitled '30 Practical Tips About The Horrors Of Raising A Baby That You Will Never Learn From Movies and TV'. Written from the male perspective it is a hilarious (and accurate) account of a man experiencing the joys and mishaps of parenthood.  It's always interesting for me to read things about men and babies as I've been raising Elijah on my own since the beginning. It's nice to see that men feel the pain, guilt and angst of caring for newborns just as much as women.

Best line of the day: "Husbands: If your wife wakes up, YOU WAKE UP. Don’t be a dipshit. Misery loves company. A happy marriage is a marriage in which both spouses are equally sleep-deprived".

Totally brightened my day.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

xx

1 comment:

Dina Roberts said...

Thanks for posting the link to that!

I loved it, and could relate to some much of it...especially the SIDS fears. I remember being terrified.