Sunday 29 April 2012

Happiness. Theme songs. Mondays. Oxymorons (day 11)

So day 11 represents just over halfway through my challenge and whilst it has been an interesting exercise, it can be really tiring! Maybe it's my overanalytical nature coming to the fore, but I am going through my days thinking about the challenge and going, oh, I can write that as a gratitude, and wait, wouldn't that be a good random act of kindness?

Which kind of defeats the purpose of a random act of kindness, yeah?

I must say it is starting to feel a little manufactured and repetitive, but if it's reprogramming my brain to automatically be positive then I should probably stick with it. And it's not like I lose anything, at the end of this I'll have clocked up 21 days of doing something nice for others even if it was calculated in advance! And that can't be too bad.

So day 11, here we go:

Gratitudes:
  • In probably the most uncalculated move of this challenge, my brain automatically decided to designate today as my looking out the window and doing nothing day. For the past few days I've woken up sooo legarthic so getting out of my cosy bed this morning was harder than the typical Monday morning. The eyes opened with a small vocabulary of four words...'shit work', 'shower' and 'coffee'. I was so foggy that nothing other than daydreaming on the bus today was going to be possible. And once again, it was lovely. Time actually went so quickly, or perhaps I managed a quick nanna nap, I can't promise I didn't. And as I think it's hilarious watching others sleeping on public transport, perhaps I inadvertently provided someone else with a genuine random act of kindness today?
  • I'm grateful my colleague finally got some lunch at 2:30pm thus temporarily stabilising her blood sugar ratios and reverting her to a lovely and pleasant colleague. Christ I'm scraping the barrel today, but try working with a hungry, cranky Italian woman :) You know I'm speaking the truth!
  • So I sent off all the paperwork today for my new job so it's official! That is, pending police and medical checks...oh dear! Hopefully someone hasn't stolen my identity and gone around creating havoc breaking the law recently, that would be tiresome. And messy. And it wasn't me. Otherwise I should be OK unless they decide any lazy bum over 35 is not fit to work there. Fools gave me a blue card so I mustn't be too bad.

Journal:
So we're doing this thing at work at the moment where we have to nominate theme songs for certain aspects of what we do, different ones every week, to create the Brisbane 'playlist'. I wanted to do this a few years back but I think it might have been vetoed in our team as the powers-that-be were slightly afraid (read: terrified) of what inappropriateness would ensue from this challenge. For example, I don't think they were terribly impressed with my suggestion that my signature song should be "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".

It has got me thinking though about songs that form the soundtrack of your life. What would be your theme song?

Meditation:
So I got a little further in last night, I'm trying this visualisation thing where you let the good energy fill you up and then let the bad energy drain out. Problem is, I always seem to fall asleep just before draining out the bad stuff. So maybe I'm walking around with the good and the bad all snarled up inside me? This could be a problem.

Random act of kindness:
Someone just told me the bus thing doesn't count. Killjoys. I gave one of my workmates some of my butter today. Surely that counts? I could've been a selfish cow and said no, right?

How's your week starting out for you? Hoping your Monday is working magic for you!

xx

No comments: