Thursday 26 April 2012

The happiness challenge. Lucky 7?

I'm finally on the bus after working more than 10 hours today. The brain is fried and I am shattered. Lucky 7 my ass.

I was gonna skip the challenge post today and write something semi-bitchy about people who wouldn't know a sense of urgency if it chased them down the street like a mutant swarm of bees a la The Hunger Games. Or else a list of things that piss me off, which today would probably exceed the word count! But then I thought its days like these that I probably SHOULD count my blessings, if only to stop me sending messages to others saying 'shoot me now'.

Oops too late.

I warn you, it's gonna be tough.

Gratitudes:
  • Ok this first one is easy. One of my dearest friends and favorite ex-colleague told me today she was expecting her second child. I haven't quite forgiven her for leaving me for the delights of Canberra (she really didn't need to go to such lengths to get away), the baby news is AWESOME and I can't wait to see her big girl as a big sister. And on the same day I find out another old friend had a little girl. That's pretty amazing.
  • The deadline for the project that kept me at work so long is TONIGHT. Thank god for small mercies.
  • Scraping the bottom of the barrel here but tomorrow is FRIDAY. Just one more day until a lovely, lovely weekend. And another day further away from today. Ha.
Journal:
I received a call on the bus from a good friend congratulating me for a few good things that have happened to me lately. It was really lovely that she was so happy for me and also was lovely to remind me after a crap-tastic day like today that life doesn't suck all the time! Thanks for cheering me up!

Exercise:
I spent today running around after others and jumping through hoops to get this project over the line. Don't test me. It counts.

Meditation:
The eyes are propped open with toothpicks already so I'll be lucky if I stay awake long enough to bother.

Random act of kindness:
I sent an email today to a colleague who is quite new but really helped me out on Tuesday with this project, despite being ridiculously busy herself filling in for someone else as well as trying to get on top of her new job. I think it's really important to make people feel appreciated and she really was sensational.

So I made it. A piss-poor effort but there you are.

Why don't you tell me some of the great happy moments in your life to cheer me up some more? Now I'm going to go glaze over in front of Pinterest. I'll leave you with this gem which seems particularly apt today.

xx




No comments: