Thursday 9 August 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday.

Happy 50s Housewife Friday kids!!!

Have sooo much to do today!!

Am hosting 7 (possibly 8...) of my Grammar Girls at my new place tonight and am baking and cleaning up a storm.

I love these girls!! We have all known each other since we were 13 and have been getting together regularly since school ended. We stepped it up a notch and added a few new faces after our 10 year reunion in 2000, when old friendships and new alliances were ignited, and we make it a rule to hang out at least every couple of months. Usually with me hogging hosting duties.

Our nights together are full of good food, good wine, icy diet cokes (of course), great conversation, sneaky cigarettes, hysterical laughter, insane reminiscing, endearing heart to hearts and deep and meaningfuls and sometimes tissue wielding sob stories when shoulders are always there for crying on.

These guys have seen me through from freckled face blonde class clown to the raven haired domestic goddess that I aspire to be today and they haven't tired of me yet...

So to celebrate their obvious 'A' grade taste in friendship...A Reward!

How, I hear you say, is she going to reward them? What could possibly be the coolest and most awesome Cathy themed reward????

Huh? Huh?

DIET COKE CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!

No you didn't just imagine this...it's real and its happening in my kitchen - TODAY!!

Got my inspiration from Pinterest. Does everyone know about Pinterest?? If you don't then stay away!!! It'll take every little bit of spare time that you're not already wasting on Facebook and steal it forever!

The array of amazingness that awaits you in Pinterest land has literally changed my life...I wade through a sea of inspirational 'pins' everytime I go there and find treasure around every corner:

Drool worthy recipes, sexy smoking Johnny Depp, the downtown streets of New York (see u next April), Cake Pops, Cupcakes, Candy, my 1988 dream boyfriend Duff McKagan, fashion, photography, fantasy!

I run my own businesses (LITTLEmonsters Private Childcare and I Want Candy, a childrens events and party styling business, just to obnoxiously name drop myself) and the inspiration I get from Pinterest is priceless!!

If ur not addicted already, be warned!

Anyway back to my DC cupcakes...

Am gonna try them out and if they're any good I'll post the recipe next week with photos. Am also making strawberry and cream cake pops and black magic choc cake pops.

Also did I mention that some of the gals are bringing their kids?? Will be providing them with enough sugar from my candy filled apothecary jars to put them in a diabetic coma for the rest of the weekend, while Xavier gets to show off his new trampoline....better get off my ass and get busy, yo.

First track of the day?

Pop Will Eat Itself - Everythings Cool

I would have to say that I agree 

Dos dedos mis Amigos!

Cathy xx





Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.



No comments: