Tuesday 7 August 2012

Earworms. When bad songs go...well, bad.

So on the weekend I made the fatal error of watching The Glee Project online.

Big mistake.

Ever since, the week's performance song has been completely, irrevocably STUCK in my head. I hated the song on it's first listen, 2nd, 10th, 50th and now a million times later I have grown to utterly DETEST it. I want to take it out to a paddock, abuse it for a while, then maim, dismember and burn the bits.

In other words, I really, really don't like it.

What's the song? It's We Found Love (Rihanna).

It led me to once again ponder why it is that the only songs that seem to go in one ear and NEVER out the other are generally THE most annoying and hated songs of all time.

I say once again, as a few years back on Facebook I wrote of a song stuck in my head, which I can't quite recall the title of but it struck a chord with others who then abused me as even just looking at the title instantly made the song get stuck in THEIR heads.

Being me, of course, every day thereafter for about a month I posted a really bad song in the hope that it would get stuck in someone else's head. I eventually was persuaded to stop after being threatened to be defriended, unfriended??? and threatened personal harm more times than the usual. Plus I just got bored with it.

I'm all about spreading the love. I'm just giving like that.

You're welcome, people.

My friends were very happy to note that this little exercise backfired a number of times with the song getting stuck in my own head (try humming Against All Odds for 5 days straight - thanks for nothing, Phil Collins).

But it led me to track down the term 'earworm' which is, you guessed it, a song that gets stuck in your head.

So this week's earworm is brought to you courtesy of Rihanna.

Oh well, I suppose it could be worse. At least it's not that ridiculous How We Do that Toowoomba radio seems to have stuck on permanent replay...or anything by Train.

Hope you're having a good day! Tell me about your most (in)famous earworm!!!

xx

Like this? Feel free to subscribe or share on Facebook by clicking on the little button thingamies below.


No comments: