Saturday 11 August 2012

(Bris) Vegas baby (part 2)...I love my girls and hell yeah to DC cupcakes.

Strawberry and white choc cakepops...
heaven on a stick
So back to Brisbane...all in the name of friendship.

It was so exciting to see Cathy and her new, awesome pad, much less the anticipation of the girly gossip, cake pops and diet coke cupcakes to come! Oh yeah!

With the boys happily installed in front of some random video game which inexplicably included beating up Justin Bieber with a chair (?) we were free to indulge ourselves happily in wine, catching up with the usual suspects, some we hadn't seen in awhile and even a fellow Bec who we literally haven't seen since school ended. She is still the exact same, impossibly cute chick we remember and it's just as well she's so bloody awesomely nice or else we'd have to hate her just for that.

It was also awesome to see Tanya, 7 months pregnant, if only because it will be the only time in living history that any of us can boast that our tummies are smaller than hers, even if she is still barely into maternity gear (biatch).

And Julie and Kathy of course...looking ridiculously fabulous as always.

God I have some good looking friends.

And Larissa, straight from the airport and a delayed flight (via the bottleshop...but of course)...tired and sick, but there she was. Now THAT'S friendship.

What followed was several hours of giggles, reminiscing, catching up and generally just revelling in the warmth that great friendship and shared experiences bring. The conversation flowed like wine, and I can tell you that plenty of wine also flowed! So much so that it wasn't until the next day that I realised we didn't even take a single picture.  Ooops.

And the verdict on the cupcakes handmade by Miss 50s Housewife herself?????

I'm in heaven. Better than peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Yes really.

DC cupcakes may sound odd but I'm here to tell you, they are now my new favourite thing in the whole world. Amazing doesn't begin to describe. Plus we can fool ourselves into thinking they're healthy, as you replace the butter/oil/milk etc with the DC. Perfect.

I won't steal Cathy's thunder for her next blog post but let me just tell you if you ever get the chance to invite yourself around to the housewife hub, you'd be crazy to pass it up.

I know I harp on about friendship all the time, but it can't be overstated how much these girls mean to me. They fill my heart and I come away feeling uplifted and happy and all those wonderful warm fuzzy feelings. I know girls who insist they are 'guys girls' and don't really maintain their female friendships and I can't help but think they're missing out on something amazing. Friendships without agenda and judgement (sadly we've all experienced those) are just so special that words can't begin to describe them. Knowing there's a handful of people in my life who'd be there for me to share my good fortune, help kick the ass of the bad and cheer alongside me in our jail cells (kidding...mostly) no matter what is a pretty damned awesome feeling.

So to my wonderful 'girls' thank you for just being you. And Tanya, I hope you got the quiche out of your shoe, despite the fact that you couldn't bend down.

xx

DC Cupcakes...hell yeah!






No comments: