Sunday 19 August 2012

Confessions of a serial TV freak.

OK it's confession time.

I will preface this by giving my defence up front. Not your usual way of doing things but it might ensure that you actually do read on and not just click off the page in disgust.

Defence, part 1:
I am sick. I have spent the weekend pretty much either: a) lying in bed; b) reclining in an outdoor lounger in the sun and c) lying on the couch. Accompanied by continual barking coughs, sniffles...I'm a delight.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...screw you flu and the horse you rode in on.

(or as my mate Ade would say...I take that back. I have nothing against the horse you rode in on)

Defence, part 2:
So what's a girl to do but trawl the laptop looking for shows not yet watched? Problem is, there isn't much I'm not 100% caught up on in my usual de rigeur television viewing. A lot of US shows are on their summer break so there's a bit of a gap in the programming.

So I'm sick right? And I've watched everything I want to watch, right?

Got that?

So when (out of sheer curiosity, seriously) I clicked on The Shire, I almost slapped myself. But after hearing about this latest batch of media whores genuinely REAL Shire residents doing a reality show and all the cringeworthy accompanying moments, I thought...

God I'm bored...so why not?

Best. Comedy. Show. EVER.

Where do I start?


  1. Sophia and Vernessa honey (I can't tell you apart): if I walked into a so-called beauty salon and saw the malformed, overinflated Cher lookalikes that you've succeeded in becoming, I'd run for the first time in a decade. Seriously, lay off the fillers. Can you say trout pout?
  2. Quote of the day from Beckah (and who seriously calls themselves that???) to her DAD and her plastic surgeon: 'It's awesome that I get to be awake during my boob job so I can tweet about it'. She seriously said that. Completely without guile. And who takes their daddy to their plastic surgeon appointment? Even if he is paying for it???
  3. Second quote of the day (paraphrased), also from Beckah: 'there's no such thing as natural beauty, I'll just get my plastic surgeon to make me however I want'

Where do they find these people?

Defence, part 3:
I also tried to watch Big Brother but didn't quite make it through the first 'daily show'. Does that cancel out the 5 back to back 'Shire' eps I consumed like so much junk food????

So now I'm going to climb back in my sick miserable hole and continue my pity party, fortunately without The Shire. The fact that I've watched all available episodes is beside the point.

xx


No comments: