Friday 31 August 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday... I Want Candy

Happy 50s Housewife Friday!

First track of the day: Everything She Wants - Wham! (extended 12" mix)

Aah, whoops, I mean...Sidewalking - Jesus and Mary Chain, yeah, cool man. Um...rock on.

By the way, I haven't been into Wham since 1987, but before George Michael became the creepiest, park lurking, public toilet hopping-est guy in the music industry, he was a young teenage virgin's dreamboat.

And it's not like me to be completely attracted to dodgy sleazebags is it???...hmmm...hang on...

Anyhoo, back to the day at hand...

Sooo busy today and all weekend! Am currently baking strawberry shortcake for pink and white Cake Pops adorned with sugar flowers and chocolate fudge cupcakes.

My friend and I are doing a photoshoot in my backyard tomorrow for our party stylist business 'I Want Candy' ft 'Sweetpea Floral Design'. I do the party stuff and she provides gorgeous floral displays to match and enhance any party table.

We spent the morning at Spotlight sourcing the perfect accessories to glam up our shoot and I think we had a pretty successful spree...the most excited about all this are our children and our friends' children who get to have a party tomorrow for absolutely no reason, while we photograph them stuffing their faces and looking adorable.

While all this creative insanity is taking place in the 50s Housewife domain, our beloved and devoted husbands will be building the Fort that I have been yelling for since we moved into this house. That's right, my constant nagging has once again paid off! (I will expect the swear jar to be filled by tomorrow eve...)

Once it's been constructed I will be officially opening my Family Daycare once again and then the insanity will really begin.

And just when I begin questioning my juggling ability of all this mayhem, 'I Want Candy' ft 'Sweatpea' has just scored the much coveted honour of styling a Byron Bay Wedding for a beautiful young couple next year. My cup is definitely running over (and this time I'm not just talking about my D cup...).

Third track of the day: Kylie - Confide in Me

Stinkin gorgeous mid 90s Kylie!!! Damn her and her little perky boobs!!

Have an awesome Friday y'all, I hope u all have a great week!

Cathy xx







Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.


No comments: