Saturday 17 March 2012

Saturday

The weekend has kicked off in wonderful fashion despite the horrible weather in Brisbane today - muggy and overcast one minute and cold and pouring with rain the next.

So today I ventured further afield than I've been in a while to Boronia Heights, which I must admit I'd never even heard of prior to this morning. Iphone maps to the rescue...I seriously don't know how I lived without this app, likely I would still be driving aimlessly around outback NSW from a trip there about a year ago...

Anyway thanks to the map app and only a wrong turn or two, I finally got to catch up with my old friend and meet her gorgeous little man who is just 10 weeks old. It's so nice to actually be able to be genuine when goo-ing over someone else's baby, as let's be brutally honest, most have faces only their mothers could love. So it was with some relief that I could sigh over his adorable-ness without a hint of falsitude. Thanks for a wonderful day of gossip and catching up xx

Make sure you read Willow's first blog entry. As Cathy has so aptly termed it, Willow is another of our 'loud mouth biatch' posse to join the blog. She has been entertaining me for years on Facebook, and is a beautiful mix of honesty, hilarity, snark and warmth. Can't wait for her contributions here. Personally on the way home from Boronia Heights this afternoon the words "jerkwad" and "asshat" were uttered in response to nearly being run off the road so I'm really feeling her. Must say that "fucktard" blows my choices out of the water and I'm thinking I might have a new favourite to add to the repetoire.

 I know I say this a lot, but I truly am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. We've had such a fun week collaborating over our blog and I look forward to doing future business with these lovely ladies.

No comments: