Monday 19 March 2012

We are the people our parents warned us about

A few years ago my workplace asked us to come up with a quotation that we thought represented us. I can't exactly remember most of them but we had a blast coming up with our own and then reading everyone else's.

I have a particular love of witty quotes and clever turns of phrase which got me thinking once again about my favourite quotes. Here's my particular favourites, what are yours?

"The trouble with reality is there's no background music"

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

"A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory"

"Never underestimate the sheer stupidity of smart people in large groups"

 "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"


"There are three kinds of people: The ones who learn by reading. The ones who learn by observation. And the rest of them who have to touch the fire to learn it's hot"

and finally...

"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word-for-word what you shouldn't have said"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'People are just like Slinkies.. Pretty much useless, but make you laugh like hell when you push em down the stairs.'

Mike

Unknown said...

I had a hard time narrowing down my list and this was one that was on the long shortlist but I just couldn't pass up the others!