Saturday 31 March 2012

Survived, Intact

So 4 nights and 3 and a half days with two precocious pre-teen boys, and we have escaped unscathed.

Miracles happen!

I have just dropped Z off to his next set of caregivers complete with enough luggage to suggest he's running away permanently. I drove away with a tear in my eye and the biggest sense of relief, not in saying goodbye, but that we got through it without any blood on the carpet and best of all, the kids still actually LIKE each other.

I must have been born under a lucky star.

So for the past few days my unit has been turned into a fort of epic proportions utilising every sheet, towel, blanket and piece of furniture for its purposes, giving me a nostalgic trip down memory lane as I remember my sister and I doing the exact same thing when we were young. Although in the typical difference in the sexes, these enterprising boys also managed to incorporate technology into their designs with the use of items such as portable fans, ipod docks, a keyboard and even a DVD player as the cherry on top.

Ah, progress.

I also now empathise with my parents as the cleanup begins. Can I just put all the linens back in the cupboard or should I wash them? (and why are they called 'linens' when nothing is actually made of linen? Questions to ponder).

I've also been subjected to a number of 'personality tests' which contain questions such as:

'are you being forced to take this test?' - with the answer being 'yes, and I'm going to rip it up' and
'POO' - with the correct response being 'I'm going to kill you'.

Apparently I failed all of them miserably.

Looking forward to a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon now without having to keep one ear out to stop pre-teens from tearing each others limbs off.

xx

No comments: