Friday 30 March 2012

Counting my blessings...The Gratitude List, today's version

I felt a bit ridiculous writing my last (and first ever) gratitude list on this blog. It's really weird to know that other people may read and quite possibly ridicule my list but then I realised that I'm really just writing it for me and if it gives other people a laugh at the stupidity of others then I should feel grateful for that too.

So here goes:

  • I'm grateful that we are now on day 3 of looking after E's mate and so far no carnage. Not even a skirmish. Gobsmacked, but very, very grateful.

  • Who knew that when you complain when they give another guy your dinner order and you have to wait for it to be cooked (again) that they give you free stuff? Thanks pizza guys for the Magnums. You've taught me to stop being nice and to complain at every opportunity and for that I'm grateful. Life lesson indeed.

  • I'm grateful to my amazing friends Cathy and Willow who have made this blog an absolute joy. Their letters to their teenage selves earlier this week were hilarious, poignant, nostalgic, sad and memorable all at the same time. What Willow said about making more girlfriends is so true - I wouldn't be half the person I am today without the strength, love and support of my girl group. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have these awesome women as my friends.

  • Vampire Diaries online. Enough said.

  • I have managed to skillfully avoid Miss I-Only-Stamp-Once this week thus ensuring that not only was I sufficiently caffeinated each day and her wellbeing maintained but I also received 2 free coffees from her fine fellow baristas who obviously like me far more than her. It's a win/win situation.

  • I am grateful that I do not have to catch the Buz service from New Farm Park to the Valley every day. Travelling from the park after a work function was like walking into an alternate universe, one that smelled really, really bad.  My olafactory senses were overloaded. Getting off that bus was one of the best moments of my life. On a secondary note, a big shout out to my iphone and my new app crush Instagram which once again allowed me to avoid eye contact (although regrettably not smell-contact) during this interminable journey.

  • I just read that Jason Segal, my celebrity crush, has been dating Michelle Williams for a few months and they're pretty serious. I honestly thought he'd end up with some lame plastic Hollywood chick so the fact that he's gone for someone who appears cool and level headed, not to mention a mum, gives me hope for the male species. And for that I'm grateful. A cultural milestone according to my male friend, although I suspect tongue may have been in cheek. Oh well.

  • E and his mate made a tray of his signature kick-ass brownies each to take to school today for the last day of term....and left them behind. My taste buds thank them and are totally grateful (although the thighs won't be).

  • Hooray for a 4 day work-week for the next fortnight. How can I not be grateful for that?

xx


Oh Instagram, how I love thee.

No comments: