Monday 12 March 2012

Apparently writing gratitude lists makes you a better person

So I keep hearing about gratitude journals and apparently listing the things that you are grateful for make you...er...well, grateful.

And here I've lived all these years just BEING grateful and just now find out I've been doing it wrong. So in the spirit of doing things by the book, here goes:

Bec's Gratitude List

 My amazing son Elijah who is the light of my life. And because you make double choc brownies that kick ass. And you'd kill me if I left you off the list.

My dear friend just let me know her entire family except her has it coming out both ends and she is the designated cleanup girl. So I'm really, REALLY grateful not to be her right now. 

I realised the other day that most of my closest friends have known me since I was 15. We've gone through tears, tantrums, angst, drama and really bad hair together...and that was just last Saturday night. Yet we have loved each other through thick and thin (and these days unfortunately more thick than thin). You make me laugh, you listen to my crap and we can spend hours talking about nothing in particular. No girl could have better friends...and I'm not just saying that because you're holding all my embarrassing secrets to ransom.

 My sanity. Oh wait...

My Kindle. Now people think I'm really intellectual and can't tell that I'm really reading trashy chick lit. Win/win.

Apple. A life without my iPhone, iPad et al is no life at all. Now I never have to look out a window or indeed have to talk to a stranger as everyone knows its rude to interrupt people when they're pretending to be engrossed in their phone. Bless you Steve Jobs. As god is my witness, I'll never be bored again. You made an app for that and I'm totally grateful.

My ability to laugh at myself. Thank God.

There. Now I feel much more grateful. And like a much better person.  Totally.

1 comment:

Dina Roberts said...

I love what you say about Kindles and Apple stuff. I really enjoy your humor.