Thursday 4 October 2012

Lash me.

Help!

Can anyone recommend a great mascara for me?

I'm a bit of a mascara junkie. My lashes are flat, light coloured and nowhere near as thick as I'd like. A decent blacker than black mascara can totally change the way I look (none of this brown crap that makeup artists always recommend for green eyes...black all the way) and make my eyes totally pop.

A few years back I was so in love with this particular mascara, I think it was a Maybelline one. It curled, lifted and separated perfectly without looking like a few stray spiders had crawled in the vicinity of my eyes (OK skin crawling sufficiently now...dropping subject).

It wasn't gluggy, it wasn't too thick and it allowed me to do my customary dozen or so strokes that it takes to sufficiently 'lift' my old pale lashes without clumping them all together. Brilliant stuff. Best part was the price!

So OF COURSE it got discontinued. Because everyone knows to never fall in love with a product because it's a sure-fire way of ensuring it's taken off the shelves.

(Benefit - I'm calling you out here - if you ever, and I mean EVER, dare to discontinue your lip and cheek stain in Rose, there will be bloodshed. Lots of. Just saying).

So ever since then I've searched in vain for another really great mascara. I've tried expensive mascaras, cheap mascaras, and everything in between. Some are OK but they're not GREAT, you know?

So what's your mascara nirvana? I'm almost at the end of my tube of ho-hum mascara and would really like to rock a decent lash again.
xx

No comments: