Friday 12 October 2012

Overall? Or a bad idea, overall?

When I was in Brisbane, when people-watching on public transport I had no shortage of inspiration for my blog. I also worked in the city, and the tourist factor was also a plethora of ideas regarding fashion, hair and generally a whole What-Not-To-Wear Tutorial.

Since living in Toowoomba, I have been driving to work which means I just don't get to see as much along the way (that is NOT to say that there aren't some fashion crimes on a whole different playing level here...refer to previous post on Cliffos. I cannot repeat due to desperately trying to repress memories that just cannot be unseen).

So I need to get my inspiration from elsewhere, ie. news, gossip blogs, and of course Facebook.

Apologies to my friend who I'm about to dob in for her heinous post this morning, asking for advice on where to buy a pair of shortie overalls.

I'm sorry honey, but no.

Just no.

I say this in the nicest possible way...

Shortie overalls, or indeed overalls of any kind, are not for anyone.

ANYONE.

Unless you're male and aged 18 months. Then there's an exception. Or a labourer, in which case it's more of a health and safety issue than a fashion choice.

Note the picture on the right. Pretty girl, clearly she's a model so the fantastic body goes without saying. And yet...

This so-called 'fashion' look makes her hips look big, gives her no shape whatsoever and the fit around the legs is just ugh.

Way to make a skinny chick look like crap (on second thought, Miranda Kerr can you please go and buy some?).

I swore when I worked with a pregnant girl who wore long overalls EVERY. DAMN. DAY. of her pregnancy that I would never, ever, ever subject myself to this travesty. And I've held up my end of the bargain. Pregnant women can only JUST get away with this (although not for work..have mercy on our souls). And really, only JUST, because we all know what those pregnancy hormones are like..

Anyone else...

Yeah no.

So this is a cry for help.

Friend (you know who you are)...please reconsider your stance. I beg you. It's in the public interest. Your interest. My interest.

Well OK, mostly my interest but surely that still counts?

So I'll throw it out there...what's your stance on the overall? (and shouldn't it be overalls? Otherwise I'll have to comment on my other pet peeve of calling trousers a 'pant'. There's a whole other post right there).

xx

No comments: